Hopp Rider Training...last year ever

E. Buygum

Reaction score
Sadly, Martin Hopp has decided to call it a day. The finances of his excellent "Better Riding Days" at Cadwell just don't work any more: mainly because they employ a very low student-instructor ratio. I have done a couple of normal track days but probably wouldn't bother again as there are usually too many idiots. The Better Riding Days are a great way of getting some track time in a sensible environment. Two dates left: 3 July, Sep. 11 then no more. Very sad. Great training. Great fun. If you have never done Cadwell, it's lovely.

http://www.hoppridertraining.co.uk/better-riding-day/

I did one Hopp Rider Training day a few years ago - really enjoyed it. As you say - less idiots.

Al

That's a shame, I know Martin and Richard, a great team indeed. Ridden der Nürburgring with them :thumb
Cadwell one of my favourite circuits ...

Forgive me my indulgence :D

The Mountain ...
Cadwell%20Park-L.jpg

Your indulgence is welcome Micky :thumb2

It will be a sad day when Martin,Richard 'et al' no longer do the track experiences. i sold a set of leathers because of his announcement!!
I have done the Lincs Safety Partnership and 1 of Hopp Rider Trainings 'Performance days' which i thoroughly enjoyed. After hearing of the 'goings on' at 'normal' track days where the idiots seem to abound i'll not be doing any of those, hence the reason for the sale .

I have done two days at cadwell with hopp training. Last one I really enjoyed as the pace was more to my liking. Lovely weather with no stoppages. I think the problem with these days is that they are much more expensive than the normal trackday. For anyone who is first time on track these days are perfect. I have been going to cadwell for 15 years ans still enjoyed the day. More if a chilled day than normal track days. The fast group on a normal day is the safest group. For the novice group you are basically taking your life in your own hands.

Get one while you still can

Wednesday next week will see the penultimate LRSP, "Performance Plus", day of this year, followed by probably the very last BRD of all time on Thursday.

September the 10th and we'll be running the last LRSP/Performance Plus day of 2014, followed by Hoppy's Better Riding Day Plus, (2/3 of the usual number of riders on track, two groups, 30 minutes on track every hour, and small groups with the same instructor all day). We ran this format once last year, and despite it costing more, everyone asked us to repeat the experience again.

As matters stand HRT will cease to exist following the 11th of September event, both Mart and Rich are clear that they cannot make it pay, and despite the considerable goodwill and wealth of expertise built up over the past decade and a half they remain unprepared to continue.:blast

So, if you want to experience this exemplar of track based training, get yourself booked on to one of these last two opportunities -- http://www.hoppridertraining.co.uk/better-riding-day/ -- you know it makes sense.

All the best, Jim.

Ps - a couple of facts to assist:-

- @ an, "ordinary", track day event Marshals expect to see approx two dozen, "offs", @ a Hopp Better Riding Day the average number of such incidents is, "less than one".

- ordinary track days require you to wear full leathers, (one piece or full zipped two piece suits), such is the level of safety delivered by HRT that clients can ride in full or full zipped textile suits - says it all.

sorry to see it close ..

t'was a lovely day that we had earlier iin the year

E.Buygum, thanks for letting me know about this. Ive just booked onto their 11th Sept track day (Class C beginners). The fact I dont need a sports bike and leathers but can use my GSA & textiles is perfect for me. Ive been wanting to do something like this to improve my road skills.:thumb2

So can I expect to see a few others on GS's and non sports bikes on this day? Should I take my cheap crappy textiles or my better quality expensive set? Any tips such as things to take etc will be appreciated :thumb2

Using a telelever suspension/big twin - you will have a laugh catching the lighter, more powerful bikes (the 600s at least) on the approach to bends. Just rolling off the throttle can be enough braking for some of the bends. Of course - they get away from you on the straights, only to be reeled in again in the bends. It's very satisfying.

HRT have a rule - no overtaking on braking into bends. It is the most influential thing in the low number of "offs" in their sessions.

Al

The finances of his excellent "Better Riding Days" at Cadwell just don't work any more: mainly because they employ a very low student-instructor ratio. I have done a couple of normal track days but probably wouldn't bother again as there are usually too many idiots.

Hello!
Thanks for the suggestion. I was thinking of giving up all those trainings because of the student-instructor ratio too and overcrowded spots. Hope something will change...

I've instructed on a few HRT days and track bikes and tyre warmers were not allowed. One of Martin's pre ride statements would always be, "you rode your bikes here and we would like to see you ride your bikes home."

Back
Top Bottom