Cider now on site.

Crapaud

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
:beerjug:

We had to visit the wonderful Winkerleigh Cider Company today to collect the two boxes of 20 litre liquid brain damage.:beerjug::beer::jager:friday

They positively insisted that we had to try the various types of cider/ scrumpy in dry/sweet/medium before we could be sure that we ordered the correct type.:D

We were due to go on to the local micro brewery to sample the various real ales but unfortunately I didn't feel able to drive very far after leaving the cider company.

So we will have to leave the real ale sampling until Wednesday in order to do it justice and ensure that our taste buds are not contaminated by the cider.

Tough job but somebody has to do it. I would let Pinklady drive me to drink but unfortunately she is still not able to drive a motor vehicle.:(

:beerjug::friday:D
very kind of you to kind sir , can't wait to do some sampling myself :drool:drool:drool

I've just been airing the tent and other stuff also finding a pack of paracetamol .

were coming in the van with bike in the back so we can take quilts, feather pillows, sheepskins etc for maximum comfort. also tools chairs and bits for the bike I'm going to fit .

looking forward to this very much , :beerjug:

Visited the local micro brewery and again they insisted that we sampled all the different types of ales.:D Fortunately the tasting glasses were micro as well, about the size of a thimble so we could taste different varieties and still drive home.:beerjug:

We decided on the middle of the range beer, not too strong and not too weak, not too light and not too dark. They tried to steer us towards a Porter/Stout but I thought it might be too dark and strong for many.:beer: We decided on the Golden Pig which is 4.7% strength and tastes extremely nice.:beerjug: It will be available for only £2.50 per pint which is a saving of over £1 a pint on local pubs.:)

We then drove to our local butcher who always looks after us. We could save a substantial amount of money (and raise more for charity) if we simply used meat from the supermarket:tesco. But that is not what this event is about. It is first and foremost about laying on a Wee Kend of fine food and drink in good company. I don't think we have ever had any complaints about either the quality or quantity of the food or drink so we must be doing something right. For example the burgers are made fresh from real meat which costs money unlike the cheaper offerings from the supermarkets which may contain numerous other "fillers".:Catrun

I think the first arrivals are due on Thursday so we are really looking forward to welcoming many old friends to our home and meeting a few new ones.:)

Would love to be with you guys this weekend..... Have a great time :thumb2

A small amount of serious cider quality control is currently being performed by Pink Lady and myself.
We can assure you that it is up to the usual high standard.

Back
Top Bottom