JohnGS1100 Tuning Chip

Probably an hour to fit and that is taking your time, of course it does help if you put it in the correct way round:blast

Probably an hour to fit and that is taking your time, of course it does help if you put it in the correct way round:blast

Oy:D Yeah it's obvious which way round the chip go's when you open your eyes:blast I fitted several in the past but had a momentary lapse of memory and common sense:D

Oy:D Yeah it's obvious which way round the chip go's when you open your eyes:blast I fitted several in the past but had a momentary lapse of memory and common sense:D

Timmo, whatever made you think I was referring to you :D

Here's my 2 p's worth. This chip works great

My chip arrived the morning I was heading for a few days on the bike with a tent. I fitted it and brought the original with me just in case. Perfect timing! Anyway, I headed from Dublin to Galway - all back roads and today I've experienced a great day flying around west of Ireland roads. I had a blast.

Fuel consumption was 45 mg. I rang the neck out of her most of the day...Normally between 4-7000 rpm. Gave it the berries. What fun!!! Normally that would return about 32mpg. So that speaks for itself. Sensible riding? Who knows but it was much safer on the overtake. The correct gear selected and pushed it through the powerband and and my fifteen year old boxer did stuff she's never done before! Made progress so to speak!

In terms of performance, I have more everywhere. For longer. I do not change gear as much. I find myself in a gear lower than I normally would. At 5000 in top gear, it's like getting the wind at my back and a gentle push. Much faster. 70mph on the tiny amount of motorway riding I'd did yesterday showed the same speed at about 500 rpm lower than with the stock chip.

In terms of power delivery, it is hard to describe but the power seemed to be delivered in a sawtooth wave with my oem chip. Now, it is very much a perfect sine wave! No need for me to change gear as much to compensate for the bikes bad fueling. Result!

Lastly, it is just more powerful. All the gears have more torque. 3rd and 4th gears are an absolute hoot between 4-8000 rpm. Fantastic through tight twisties!

Now bear in mind, I'm riding a 1999 r850r with standard cat/exhaust. It was running well before the chip was replaced with johns but none the less I can't help thinking the saw tooth sine wave analogy is the best way to sum this up.

Signing off now. A full day of it tomorrow to go. Hurray!

Perhaps you'd like to describe how that is possible? :p

By a gear up. There are many torque so will drive by a gear up. So the consumption is much better.

The chip gives more torque by only a little richer fuel and a little higher-fast timing advance, thats' all.
Also i can make reprogram to BMSK and BMSKP ECU (from R1200GS-RT-R-S-LC and F650-F800TWIN's 2004-2014 models). At these bikes the improvement is much better.

This is a album with photo (dyno results for R1200 and F650-800 twin's).

I sincerely many thank to all the Englishmen friends who try my work on project.

Best regards from Greece :)
(thanks for looking)

images

No :) . Just you can drive by a gear up by torque.

if I could make a chip that changes the gears would work in nasa LoL !!!!!!!!!!! :)

Perhaps you'd like to describe how that is possible? :p

Ok. Well, I don't know really but doing 70 mph on the motor way the rev counter was 4-500 rpm lower than it was the week before. Treble digit speeds not a problem. Bike was never happy above 90 before.

I'm very very pleased.

Ok. Well, I don't know really but doing 70 mph on the motor way the rev counter was 4-500 rpm lower than it was the week before. Treble digit speeds not a problem. Bike was never happy above 90 before.

I'm very very pleased.

Your bike is doing exactly the same speed per rpm in each gear as it was last week - unless you've changed the gearbox or final drive...

Your bike is doing exactly the same speed per rpm in each gear as it was last week - unless you've changed the gearbox or final drive...

I beg to differ. My eyes do not lie. It's like a new bike.

Sent by SOB

I see where you are coming from mike but I saw it. Repeatedly. Perhaps John could help explain? All I know is I'm dighted with the change.

Sent by SOB

There is no way on earth that any sort of engine tuning can change the gearing between crankshaft and back wheel (in any given gear). As. Mike says - it's a fixed relationship unless you've changed a component in the drive line.

If you think otherwise, you're imagining it.

Back
Top Bottom