Rib confirmed as broken :(

Crapaud

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Brilliant weekend. Mega thanks to Bill.
Rib still hurting today so called into hospital on way home. Three hour wait to be seen but Doctor immediately diagnosed rib as broken when he saw the swelling. Then he gently (his words) touched my chest and I hit the roof. 100% broken.:(

That explains why I rode like such a wimp on way back to Bill's in afternoon. Big thanks to Mick, Tim, Ian and Mike for helping me after my little off. Despite wearing full enduro body armour AND an air jacket I still managed to hurt myself.

Thanks to everyone who kept giving me liquid painkillers to numb the pain but it didn't work.:beerjug::beer::jager

Still a fantastic do.:D

Since he will be reading this thread, this is surely a good place to post your best jokes in the sure knowledge that he has no sense of humour and is unlikely, therefore to laugh at them.
As anyone who has cracked ribs will know, this is second only to sneezing.
Myke

You have my unswerving sympathy, the most painful break that nothing can be done for. No laughing, sneezing, coughing, some styles of farting, you are in for some months of discomfort.

On that happy note, I'm off to bed for a pain free sleep :)

Since he will be reading this thread, this is surely a good place to post your best jokes in the sure knowledge that he has no sense of humour and is unlikely, therefore to laugh at them.
As anyone who has cracked ribs will know, this is second only to sneezing.
Myke

Yes it would be cruel to make Sid laugh ....... however, if his self inflating body armour had gone off it may have been much worse ...... causing him to ricochet off the stone walls like a pin ball ;)

Seriously hope it improves soon mate :)

Hey dude - the more people tell you not to laugh, sneeze or cough the more you want to do it! If you need to the best way is to wedge your back in corner of a room against the two walls and fold your arms across your chest - or even better stand with your back inthe corner and hug a pillow across your chest and then cough, sneeze etc. It still hurts like hell but you will be surprised how much easier it feels. Its what we used to do in hospital with post-op patients. Good luck.
Jon hall

I almost cracked a rib laughing at you throwing up.........

RESULT !.............. got to see a doctor in only 3 hours, that's incredible. Round here its 7 or 8 hours in A&E to get seen.

Back
Top Bottom