Any cyclists? - UKGSer now on Strava

I've been watching videos of Jens Voight, trying to figure out why he's so much faster than I am, and I think I've finally gotten to the bottom of it. It's all about aerodynamics. :deal

So here's my computer analysis of Voigt's time trial position compared to mine (below). No question about it; if I could fold myself up like a paper clip, I'd be just as fast. :rolleyes:

As they say.... "in your dreams" ;)

But it might help a bit

I've been watching videos of Jens Voight, trying to figure out why he's so much faster than I am, and I think I've finally gotten to the bottom of it. It's all about aerodynamics. :deal

So here's my computer analysis of Voigt's time trial position compared to mine (below). No question about it; if I could fold myself up like a paper clip, I'd be just as fast. :rolleyes:

He looks quite a bit lighter than you are plus I guess he's trained a lot longer and harder than you have. And then there's natural ability to think about....:D

Bugger. Hope you heal quick. Good excuse to bin the iPhone at least. :D
Mark

yes Iphones are shit, it now has a new screen

shoulder is improving, it's gone from severe pain at all times, to pain only if move my arm or shoulder!

I was going to take it easy at work, but why should I work any harder than normal! :D

uploaded last nights run onto strava, now that I have a working screen!

I guess for many of us our cycling has taken a hit with the crap weather.

But, I don't know how many are following the exploits of Steve Abraham who commenced an attempt on January 1st 2015 to beat Tommy Godwin's record set in 1939.
He has to cycle more than 75,065 miles in 365 days. That is an average of over 205 miles a day, every day, for a year.

In 1939, Tommy Godwin rode 75,065 miles in a single year to set an endurance riding record and, in fact, he kept on going until 14 May 1940, setting the record for the time taken to ride 100,000 miles. A fantastic record.

Anyway, despite the crap weather, Steve has ridden since 1st January 1,474.5 miles by the end of yesterday (8 January).
You can follow his exploits on his Strava page https://app.strava.com/athletes/1419435

I've been without my Garmin Edge 800 as its been back to Wiggle under warranty. Ended up getting a full refund for it and have now purchased a new Edge 810 for £40 less than the refund! Have been back on the bike for the last couple of weeks following illness so will start loading up my attempts at fat burning once I've sussed out how to do it via the phone.

Just joined the club. It might get me a bit motivated seeing as how my bike hasn't turned a wheel since I got back from cycling the Mosel Route at the end of May.

Im in , wait till Giles joins then you will all be shamed by the giant of a cyclist that he is............
Just keep the ebike boys out they bollox all the Strava sections around here

Steve

Back
Top Bottom