Support the Ferry to Norway campaign

I suppose one change is that with neither UK or Europe being in the EU.....

Europe not being in the EU? What does the ‘E’ stand for? Egg? Ethiopia? Electrocardiographic?

Our borders are clearly in safe hands.....

Europe not being in the EU? What does the ‘E’ stand for? Egg? Ethiopia? Electrocardiographic?

Our borders are clearly in safe hands.....

:D

I meant "neither UK nor Norway being in the EU...." Is it too late to go back and edit and pretend I don't know what you're on about?

I meant "neither UK nor Norway being in the EU...." Is it too late to go back and edit and pretend I don't know what you're on about?

Too little, too late. Those years of service at the front have taken their toll.

I could of course edit it out, but........ nah.

:beerjug:

It is a shame for those who would use it but the reality is that if there was profit to be made in the service, a ferry company would run it.

Difficult to realistically assess demand for something that isn't there.

A lot of it is dogma or political.
Shetland council have been trying for years to get the Denmark/Faroes/Iceland ferry to call in at Lerwick, even just once in a while - but Smyril refuses.
You can see the ferry sail past from Shetland!
If they just would agree to a trial - they could see how much demand there was.
Aberdeen - Shetland - Iceland or Shetland - Denmark would be an excellent trip.

Scotland needs physical trade links with it's Scandinavian neighbours.

Difficult to realistically assess demand for something that isn't there.

You assess demand for something that isn’t there, in the same way as you do it for anything else. You make a business case for it and flog the idea to management and / or shareholders and / or a bank or two.

Scotland needs physical trade links with it's Scandinavian neighbours.

Scotland has (or rather had) excellent trade links with its European neighbours. Brexit put the mockers on those. There again, if Scotland couldn’t justify a ferry link when they were part of the EU, it’s hard to see what has changed since to say it will all be different now. Maybe the good folk of the Highlands and Lowlands could start their own, just as the Brittany farmers did? Though of course they’d want someone else to pay for it:augie

Back
Top Bottom