Globebusters ditching BMW for Triumph Explorer

That's interesting because Triumph explicity state that these bikes are not designed for off road use - guess all the trips will now be tarmac only.

How much of "Road of Bones" is tarmac?

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

From Triumph:
On top of all this you get unique spoked wheels for added off-road capability and other equipment such as a sump guard, fog lights, and hand guards to add to your adventure.

Sorry it's the Silk Road. Ace to Ace trip.

From Triumph:
On top of all this you get unique spoked wheels for added off-road capability and other equipment such as a sump guard, fog lights, and hand guards to add to your adventure.

Sorry it's the Silk Road. Ace to Ace trip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBJgh7ycO5o

Take a look at their promotional video - they explicitly state at the end, that Triumph motorcycles are street motorcycles and should not be used off road - which is a bit weird for an Adventure bike isn't it?

The early testing video on the explorer I saw at Triumph live technical presentation was impressive, they really tried to break it, big jumps off ramps with loaded panniers, landing hard nose first then tail first over and over. Did the Norton tour later and don't think they do that sort of testing :D still I did non the less come away wanting one :thumb2

Top selling motorcycle brand over 500cc in UK last year. Like the GS, the only off road that 99% of "adventure" bikes get is parking on the the grass verge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBJgh7ycO5o

Take a look at their promotional video - they explicitly state at the end, that Triumph motorcycles are street motorcycles and should not be used off road - which is a bit weird for an Adventure bike isn't it?

I'm a big Triumph fan (riding an Explorer) and even I think that warning is funny! Mind you, it's probably more to do with fighting the inevitable legal battles when someone with zero off road riding skills (like me!), sees all of the off road videos, tries it, then falls off - then goes running to Triumph with a grazed knee and an ambulance chasing lawyer...

When ever I go off road, I'll take my Land Rover instead, thanks very much!

So is it now ok to ride them off road? :nenau

Obviously Globebusters think so!
Triumph have said not for off road use, so if you go off road and hurt yourself you have been warned.

Back
Top Bottom