Misfire and rough running

Lets hope its a disposable address. The spammers will love that.

The bike that wont run might just be the key immobiliser.

Hi email me may be able to help just had same problems taken a while to sort but fixed it last week along with abs failure and pivot bevel box bearing bike keeps me on my toes.:):):) davidmarsden@gmail.com

Thanks for the offer snail , much appreciated! Shop phoned today, 30 faults on diagnostic.....main fault being water in the petrol !!!!:eek: How did that happen ?? They said fuel cap fine, i filled up 3 days before , and the bike was running fine !!???:confused: They are going to flush entire fuel system, tank to injectors, hopefully no damage will be done, and they can set the bike up ok, obviously going to cost a bit for the labour. Any ideas how water could get in ??The lads are looking at me with THAT look! I am an innocent man ! WTF !:nenau

Forgot to say snail, looking thru service record, my bike was ABS model, it was removed when bike was less than 3 years old, so it must have failed ! Seriously, we still rate the Behemoth Most Wonderful ?If it was a honda , it would be slated by press and public !

Forgot to say snail, looking thru service record, my bike was ABS model, it was removed when bike was less than 3 years old, so it must have failed ! Seriously, we still rate the Behemoth Most Wonderful ?If it was a honda , it would be slated by press and public !

Well the Garn boys sorted my bike, throttle body, the butterfly was sticking , as steptoe said TPS problem needs diagnostic tool ! Fell out of love with the old girl to be honest, but its running superb now. I think the problem was there when i got the bike a few months back, just put it down to being a boxer thing! They managed to take the body apart and reassemble it , bet a dealer would have replaced it at huge cost. Took a new V strom 650 for a test drive..... like my GS again now !! If there is anyone on here even near South Wales , try out Garn motorcycles, great lads. Cost me £400 , but that was 20 hours labour !! Even fitted my new tyres for free today because they felt guilty charging that money for no parts ! :thumb2

TPS reset doesn't fix a broken TPS .. In fact it's pretty pointless as the bike sets the TPS simply by you using it - the only way to reset the TPS on a 1200 us to reset all the parameters, which requires diagnostic equipment . Also remember that most of the advice you get on Internet forums is well intended but mostly guess work by people that haven't actually had your problem and are just repeating what they've read on other forums or from previous posts and passing it off as personal experience :D

Steptoe do you give classes ?

Just as a quickie.
Re-check the seating of the thottle cable where it meets the injector on the right cylinder. Pull the outer up & down & check against the other side. It's common for them to snag.
As it's an old bike, when was the dreaded fuel pump controller last changed? Failure usually causes total failure, though.

Just as a quickie.
Re-check the seating of the thottle cable where it meets the injector on the right cylinder. Pull the outer up & down & check against the other side. It's common for them to snag.
As it's an old bike, when was the dreaded fuel pump controller last changed? Failure usually causes total failure, though.

althou this post was 6 years ago, your reply was the answer i was looking for, must have dislodged the cable when changing the air filter, bike is running sweet now

many thanks :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom