il Bastardo - Ducati Monster big traillie

WOW!

For my project the last thing to do is get insurance quotes and then find a donor bike and then its a goer!

There's a chap down your way who did something a bit like this a few years ago. If you go to Advrider and look up Old Dog, you should find some of his posts.

If I recall, he had endless fun blasting it up and down Aussie fire roads.

Here's the dungeon where the plating occurs. There's a quiet hum of a goodness-knows how many amp and goodness-knows how old transformer, and the scurrying noise of small Victorian children hiding in the shadows at the sight of a stranger.

Attachments

• plating 1.jpg
    plating 1.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 693
  • plating 2.jpg
    plating 2.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 694
And here's the swinging arm, looking resplendent in its new powder coat.

Gavin the designer added the brace under the right hand side of the swing arm to counter any tendency to twist under power. The small tube mounted vertically on the arm is a locator for the 'rallye stand' I referred to previously. It fits on the opposite side to the (now much extended) side stand and allows for in-the-field wheel removal.

Pucca racing Elefants such as Gavin's Azzalin example, below, mounted the prop close to the original side stand but mine will lie along the top of the swinging arm.

Attachments

• swinging arm.jpg
    swinging arm.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 690
  • Azzalin.jpg
    Azzalin.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 700
i got to see this Bad boy in the Flesh Today:cool::cool:

ive got to tell you Paul :rob

its looking fucking stunning , i was lucky enough to arrive just after Chris laid the tank in place :drool:drool:drool:drool

i got to see this Bad boy in the Flesh Today:cool::cool:

ive got to tell you Paul :rob

its looking fucking stunning , i was lucky enough to arrive just after Chris laid the tank in place :drool:drool:drool:drool

:D:D:D He told me it was looking good but I insisted on an independent opinion. I thought he was just trying to get his bill paid:aidan

Right ..... Paul came and looked at his bike today so I can finally put up some photos of the progress! The many many photos as always will do the talking!

IMG_9960 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_9961 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_9973 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_9977 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_9978 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_9986 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_9988 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_9990 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_9995 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_9997 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_0002 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_0007 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_0009 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_0011 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_0013 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_0015 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_0017 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_0019 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_0021 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_0029 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_0033 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_0043 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_0049 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_0055 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_0078 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_0083 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_0085 by tunneruk, on FlickrGOPR3480 by

If I may re-quote you from an earlier thread: "My pants just fell off!" :D

That is proper lovely Sir - a top job!

It's funny - what starts with a "how would a Monster look with long forks?" project morphs into what is, effectively, a brand new bike.

I saw it this afternoon after a hiatus of a couple of weeks - it's almost unrecognisable.

With most custom bikes, they look good until you get close and look hard at the detail - then the short cuts and the problems become apparent.

With CT's bikes, they look good and then you look at the detail and see the real beauty.

Would you honestly bother to plate a metal gasket, because its edges will be juuuust about visible..????

I am very excited at the prospect of building a genuine (and very useable) middle-weight adventure bike. I am even more excited that its going to look like something fresh from a showroom.

P

Attachments

• Clipboardw01.jpg
    Clipboardw01.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 530
  • photo w12.jpg
    photo w12.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 527
Just one of Bakerman's Lost Dog Rallies in Andover and it's not going to look much like this any more... :aidan

Attachments

• photo w5.jpg
    photo w5.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 530
I can't believe that you don't have a valve cover on that rear wheel. Shocking :p

That is a stunning job and I have really enjoyed keeping up with this thread.

I look forward to the first ride report. Enjoy.

Neil

You're right!!!

That's a discount, right there!

Shoddy is the word I would use.

Jersey? I'm wondering about Normandy as a venue for its first shake-down tour so I'll give you a wave as I pass on the ferry.

P

You're right!!!

That's a discount, right there!

Shoddy is the word I would use.

Jersey? I'm wondering about Normandy as a venue for its first shake-down tour so I'll give you a wave as I pass on the ferry.

P

I shall keep an eye out for you!
I could think of worse places for the shake down tour. Bon voyage.

Just love classic look, I think Ducati would struggle to do much better.

The gold parts add a nice touch of custom build...other than that you could be forgiven for thinking Ducati made it themselves.

Well done on a well thought out and executed build.

That looks fantastic. Way, way too nice for me though as I'd be afraid of chucking it in a hedge. :D Mine would need to be a bit more utilitarian!

Back
Top Bottom