Copenhagen airport needed!

Monsieur

Most respected and loved member
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Done trivago, expedia, tripadviser etc...still can't make mind up!
Need somewhere central, clean and decent for Mrs Monsieur and I - £max of £160ish per night.
Any recommendations?

Consider Malmo

Leave Karstrup airport by train and cross the veeeeeeeeery long bridge.
Generally Malmo is half the price of Copenhagen, and the train either way is near enough the same price.
If you go by train over the bridge, sit on the right hand side facing forward, marvel at how low the bridge is to the water and wonder how ships can pass under it. Then you come to the lighthouse, and realise it is an optical illusion, because you are twice as high as the lighthouse.
Myke

Rather than searching for stuff around any airport, have a look at the biggest train stations and accommodation around them :)

Thanks all!
Schtum - airbnb looks interesting!
I also thought of Malmo and even Ystad (for the Wallander experience) and that train ride was on the list too!
Looking again this morning :)

We stayed last year at the Bella Sky Comwell hotel. It's not exactly near the airport, but it is very easy to get to (there's a metro station a few hundred metres away).

mgWD1b7.png

Very cool hotel...

We hired a car and drove across the bridge and did the whole Wallander thing. It absolutely pissed it down the whole time we were there.

IsAFrlz.png

Thanks all!
Schtum - airbnb looks interesting!
I also thought of Malmo and even Ystad (for the Wallander experience) and that train ride was on the list too!
Looking again this morning :)

Stayed here in Ystad for a fortnight. http://www.backagarden.nu/
Very inexpensive.
Train all the way from Kastrup/Copenhagen.
P.S. In that part of the world, all films in cinemas are in English with subtitles.
Myke

Thanks for all the above.
Easyjet there and back (only £200 return for both of us) and staying at Radisson in Malmo.
Spending thursday in Malmo, friday in Ystad and Copenhagen to finish before late flight that night.

Feels like travel of old as have to change sterling into two different currencies for the trip - no euros for a change!

Back
Top Bottom