Nice ploughman's lunch wanted around an hour West of London.

stratblue

genoQian
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
My very own recording studio! (South Wales).
The title says it all but I'm looking for a nice pub that does a really good ploughman's lunch somewhere over the Chilterns from London. Something between the A41 and the M4 would be perfect, any help you guys can give would be brilliant.

I've googled "Fuck Pig" and cannot find a pub of that name in the Chilterns?

Bloody Hell ....

The poor bloke :nenau He asks if anyone knows a nice pub so he can stop for a ploughmans and he gets a load of abuse ??!

(I'm there Mr Stratblue .... A good ploughmans is something to behold ... )

Bloody Hell ....

The poor bloke :nenau He asks if anyone knows a nice pub so he can stop for a ploughmans and he gets a load of abuse ??!

I have to agree :)

Dave

I'm with Fanum............

Surprised he didn't add "secure bike parking" to the requirement...........

Al:rolleyes:

I'm with the OP and opened this thread with a desire to know the answer to that question.

Knowledge of a good pub that does a decent ploughmans contributes greatly to your happiness and general wellbeing, it also gives you a purpose for a ride on the bike.

This is also the perfect question that Google could never answer but UKGSER can

Bloody Hell ....

That's one your mrs has made Giles I recognise the table...

I've no idea who does a ploughmans lunch, as it's 2015 and most pubs seem to be having a "who can pile their food the highest on a plate" competition in most parts, but head out towards Henley/ Marlow direction, and you should find a plethora of decent pubs by the river. :thumb

Keep following the Thames, and aim for The Plough at Clanfield if you want something a bit nicer for lunch, all easily doable in a few hours round trip from London.

The Jolly Cricketers in Seer Green Beaconsfield does a great ploughman's, Amersham and Chalfont nearbye have lots of great pubs too.

The Crown at Pishill near Stoner Park Henley mmmmm

Very nice ploughman's :beerjug:

The three horseshoes, letchmore heath, always a good un.
so is The Jolly Cricketers Beaconsfield, Seer Green, Beaconsfield HP9

quick edit, should have checked the previous posts, DOH, either way I can recommend the Jolly Cricketers as well.

Back
Top Bottom