1150 Dashboard LED upgrade sets. (maybe 1100?)

Fanum

Toubab
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Placemarker for now, but I received a bunch of LEDs for the Tacho, speedo and sidelight (AKA pilot bulb) for 1150's and 1100s (probably, I will confirm this tomorrow) in the post today.......

LINKY THREAD AND PICCIES

I'm going to be checking each and every bulb before I send them out, but the sets are going to come with 4 LEDs for the tacho and speedo, (3x white 6k and one red for the right hand side of the tacho, unless you want another white one) plus a sidelight bulb (6k colour) to match the white light of an HID upgrade.

Let's get this out in the open right now.....if you go onto Ebay and buy these LED bulbs yourself, you WILL get them cheaper......but I'm going to test each set (and photograph each set working) and it's a set with no fucking about.

Projected price.....£5 posted, per set, complete

More to come tomorrow.......I know this is a crap way to kick it off but I've had a shit day today and I intend to get bladdered now....the point is that I have a certain number of sets so line up, it's first come first served :beerjug:

:)

led's

I'll give them a go.PM me payment details.
Cheers,Kav.

Just a thought that may or may not help some - I replaced my 1150 dash lights with blue led's and it makes the dials way easier to see if you are in need of reading glasses !
Got the idea from VW golf dash which is blue, noticed the red bit was blurry, blue clear ! :rob
But you are right that many LED's for sale on tinternet are cheap crap and don't last so if you know and supply the best - well done !

I've gone through the bag of bulbs today and sorted them out......

For reference, this is what the dash lights look like originally.....quite an old fashioned yellow caste to the filament bulbs (not my bike)

photo.jpg

There are four bulbs....two in the speedo and two in the tacho.

On mine, I've put three white leds in and one red:

led%20%287%29-XL.jpg

Obviously you could put in 4 white ones in, but I quite like the effect that the red one gives.

If you've got an HID setup in the front, but have still got the filament bulb in, you'll know that the two lights are mis-matched in colour......again, not my bike, but this is HID with filament pilot:

dscn0487.jpg

Changing the pilot bulb for an led in the same range as most HIDs (6k) it looks a lot better IMO.....My bike now:

led%20%2810%29-XL.jpg

I now have sets of leds ready to send out.......there will be 4 white instrument leds and one red one (so you either have a spare white one or you can choose to have all white and not use the red) and TWO pilot bulbs (again, one as spare)

The cost is £6.00 posted, done by paypal gift.

I will test every bulb individually before I send them out.

This is the filament type instrument bulb in the OEM holder, clearly rather yellow:

led%20%2811%29-M.jpg

and these are the white and red LED replacements:

led%20%2814%29-M.jpg

led%20%2815%29-M.jpg

The pilot bulb......not a great shot.
I got this type rather than the single LED with a dome on it because these give out light all around rather than in abeam, so the result is better.

led%20%283%29-S.jpg

13-L.jpg

All sets will be wrapped carefully after testing and sent first class Royal mail......

As above.....
4x white instrument leds
1x red instrument led
2x Pilot led

TY :)

I should have added a note with all of the sets gone so far, but if you plug the capless ones in the wrong way around (50/50 chance) then they won't work.....LEDs have a polarity.......just pull the bulb, check that the two little contact spikes are still in place (sometimes they get pulled out of alignment when you un-plug them) , rotate 180 degrees and re-try :beerjug:

The side-light bulb isn't affected because the polarity is automatically correct in the socket :)

The 4 capless bulbs in the tacho/speedo are easy to get to by removing the screen then the binnacle cover, but unless you've got a gynaecologists hands or a tame 6 year old, the sidelight bulb is a bastard......when I had the binnacle cover & screen off, I found the easiest way to do the sidelight bulb is to take off the light surround , loosen the 10mm bolts and free the sidelight unit a little bit to get access from the front rather from the tank side :beerjug:

Not yet.......I haven't got it out of the second hand dash yet :blast

I think I'm off this weekend so I'll have a look :)
I was hoping to catch you Saturday and the Hogmoist, I'm rather disappointed!!

I was hoping to catch you Saturday and the Hogmoist, I'm rather disappointed!!

I am too mate...especially as my 'lil sister and her group are on.....

First week in new job though.......it would have been 'awkward' to say the least to start then say "Oh, can I have a long weekend off this weekend please" :blast

Still got a good number of these sets of LEDs in a little box on my bench.........I'd far rather get rid of them here than stick ads on Ebay for complete sets, so have a read above and please let me know if you want a set :thumb2

Have I unknowingly offended anybody?See post 2. :nenau

Have I unknowingly offended anybody?See post 2. :nenau

Bill is not quite as young as he used to be and has obviously missed your post Kav. Drop the old scrote a PM and he might even spot that. Although there are no guarantees whatsoever you understand.

No problems.Money and PM sent.
Cheers,
Kav

Only just spotted this. Go on Bill, I'd like a set please. Lemme know you have read and digested this post and have a set left for me, then I will Paypal ya money.

Ta moosh.

Only just spotted this. Go on Bill, I'd like a set please. Lemme know you have read and digested this post and have a set left for me, then I will Paypal ya money.

Ta moosh.

Munch munch munch *swallows*

:)

Hi Fanum,
Do you have any of these kits left for an 1150gs?
I thought I'd sent you a PM but my phone might have lost it
Cheers
Rich

Back
Top Bottom