oatcakes and fruit pikelets

Flipfly

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
6 dozen of each ordered for collection on Saturday morning, early birds hopefully won't catch worms :D

6 dozen of each ordered for collection on Saturday morning, early birds hopefully won't catch worms :D

Do the math.... it's not enough is it. They ran out last year before i could reach the barn... You packed away half a dozen yursell..

:D

Do the math.... it's not enough is it. They ran out last year before i could reach the barn... You packed away half a dozen yursell..

:D

We ran out of cheese before we ran out of oatcakes. Last year I think I only brought 4 dozen. I didn't think you southerners could handle real poor mans food without first press olive oil drizzled on top :D

It's all I could do to persuade him to make this many, they are all handmade and he has a very busy shop.

3 extra handfuls of grated mousetrap on order
:thumb

3 extra handfuls of grated mousetrap on order
:thumb

Bill, get a bucket full and I'll pop you some cash to cover the cost, my treat :thumb:thumb

Maybe be a small bucket, not a water butt sized receptacle :D

I've just picked up 3kg of grated cheddar, will that suffice Flip?

If you can promise that your young lady avoids me with the megga-death water cannon, I recon we'll be square

Flip, I'm intrigued as to what you are calling a 'pikelet'. With my family originally coming from Birmingham, we've always called crumpets pikelets, which is (in Birmingham) a well known Brummy thing.

However, being brought up in Staffordshire, I still had never come across a fruit pikelet thus spiking my intrigue. Please can you help?

Flip, I'm intrigued as to what you are calling a 'pikelet'. With my family originally coming from Birmingham, we've always called crumpets pikelets, which is (in Birmingham) a well known Brummy thing.

However, being brought up in Staffordshire, I still had never come across a fruit pikelet thus spiking my intrigue. Please can you help?

I though 'pikelet' was now a PC banned term....

:nenau

We had this exact same intellectual discussion on site last year and i remember it got quite heated requiring someone to be sprayed with water.......

Fruit Pikelet is similar to an american style pankake with sultanas.

I don't trust stokies to have it right, they call it the 5 towns when there are six, so not the brightest bunch :D

Fruit Pikelet is similar to an american style pankake with sultanas.

I don't trust stokies to have it right, they call it the 5 towns when there are six, so not the brightest bunch :D

Thank you for the clarification. Sounds like I'd still eat it no matter what it was called. :fnikefork

Back
Top Bottom