Montana Maps have dissppeared..

Losttheplot

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Swopped over the memory cards last night as i have a few with different maps on for different parts of the word.

I've now replaced the original and have lost UK OS mapping :(

I've put the memory card directly into my laptop and it doesn't list any files.

What have i done, and more importantly, how do i fix it?

Nathan

Just tried a few other cards, and it doesn't look as thought the unit is reading the memory cards?

Looks like you have re-formatted the card in error.:blast
Also check that the file is not in you PC's recycle bin....

Looks like you have re-formatted the card in error.:blast
Also check that the file is not in you PC's recycle bin....

Looks like i might have done that?

But i also have a second copy of OS mapping, and i put that in the slot this morning, and that didn't work either. Just tried the second copy again and it's back to normal :nenau

Hi tech solution turn computer off and leave for a couple of minutes . Turn on and try again. Other one I found was to try other card readers and Shazam all is well again.
Once deleted by accident some of Julie's Pics from a French trip to Gorge du verdun and RDGA.
The card had a recovery software option. If above don't work most quality cards often ship with this. Worked a treat. Try above first.:thumby:

But i also have a second copy of OS mapping, and i put that in the slot this morning, and that didn't work either. Just tried the second copy again and it's back to normal :nenau

Clean the contacts in the Montana / SD with Isopropyl on a cotton bud once in a while. Greasy fingers.

Well i checked the recycle bin, and i did clear one of the SD cards, but the only information i removed from it was from the US trip a few years back. I restored it all and put it back in the unit and it worked fine.

I did put the original SD card from the unit into the laptop to see what was on it, but it flashed up empty? (and i didn't format it!)..

Nathan, do you need a copy of GB Discoverer? Sounds like somehow you've erased it, or maybe the card failed/ PM me if you do,

Back
Top Bottom