Ok tell me about your Yamaha T Max experience

Nice bike isn't it? She has about 28,300 on the clock now and still runs like a swiss watch. Gotta love that little engine, with its ceramic liners and a quality synthetic oil she should keep purring on for many years yet. Its probably the smoothest twin I've ever ridden. I take it you fitted the dark screen ?

Plans are for Dr Pulley variator weights and guides to boost the low rpm pickup, and maybe a new pipe and system if funds allow. Probably a MIVV unless I can source a tidy used Akra.

Tomorrow I think , waiting on the heated grips being fitted:thumby:

I hope its worth the wait......

Fitting a set of Oxford premium sports heated grips on my Mk3 tomorrow, not bad at £44 (RRP £79). Already drilled/tapped the bar end weights M8 then fitted shad muffs and a tucano shytebag but still getting cold hands. Should be nice to have grips/muffs/gaucho on both the GSA and scoot for winter as I don't have a car.

Here’s my new T Max just picked it up
Bloody lovely

Attachments

• 9CAC1609-04D7-4075-AE53-56D4FEA62447.jpeg
    9CAC1609-04D7-4075-AE53-56D4FEA62447.jpeg
    132.4 KB · Views: 612
  • F2EAD3F5-567D-4BA7-82B6-BF0061D98E23.jpeg
    F2EAD3F5-567D-4BA7-82B6-BF0061D98E23.jpeg
    165 KB · Views: 660
  • 38034CDB-E2A1-4AE4-9B07-1708896CF28E.jpeg
    38034CDB-E2A1-4AE4-9B07-1708896CF28E.jpeg
    159.7 KB · Views: 694
Hey Robbo,have you ever used a Tucano Urbano leg cover thingy on your Tmax ?

Now it's getting colder,I was toying with getting one as want to try use the bike all year round,unless it's totally pissing down.

Just wondered if they work or are more trouble than they are worth ? Ta.

Now it's getting colder,I was toying with getting one as want to try use the bike all year round,unless it's totally pissing down.

Hi , No not used one , they seem to get in the way flap about . Plus mark they the body work . I use my Klim gear so nice and warm . Bar Muffs may be an idea but with heated grips not needed

I had one on my Tmax and it worked a treat. They have air chambers built into them to stop them flapping in the wind which did the job. Didn't have any problems with it marking the paintwork and once you get used to getting on the bike with it fitted it's well worth it. I wore normal trousers (not biker gear) and only needed water proof over trousers if it was chucking it down.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Arsey, I just fitted a Tucano 'Termoscud' Shytebag on my Mk3 Tmax and it has been good so far at keeping the cold out providing my feet are extended up forwards. If they are down on the running boards I can feel the chill. The inflatable air chambers are a very clever way of preventing it flapping at speed.

I got mine brand new online from AJ Sutton in Milton Keynes for £57, all other online retailers were asking £109 so I bit their hand off.

I also fitted some bar muffs and heated grips, the grips are essential IMO.

I can post up some pics if you are interested.

Fitted the GPS/phone mount with USB feed so I can use my phone for mapping .

e96227adc54d281d708aa4c7207cc4f6.jpg
353dc253b7427deea98c55a89184a373.jpg
5b0c000cfbab74b8c341bcf6c983be9c.jpg

Bloody pain to fit as the feed for the power was down low on the right side so the bike had to be stripped

When I decided to make the change from my 2013 almost one owner GS LC and buy a TMax, I googled "TMax Forum". Imagine my surprise to be led to our beloved GS Forum. It seems I'm not alone in thinking it should be my next motor cycling experience. Is there a specific TMax Forum does anyone know?
The positive reports from the people who matter, the owners, prompted me to place an order for a black one for delivery on March the first.
I had to buy my GS untested as the dealer age limit prevented such a test and so it was with the TMax. I know my instinct will not let me down.
In a week or two, I shall post the GS for sale in the appropriate section but if any one in advance of that is interested, give me a ring or Email harolddeutsch@gmail.com

Back
Top Bottom