Calling UKGSER crash investigation team ......

Giles, I can understand doing a reconstruction when there has been a fatality or a number of vehicles involved, obviously we need to learn from what has happened.But why did they choose that particular accident to reconstruct as it seemed a fairly minor incident (obviously not for the rider and his teeth).Or do you do this fairly regularly.

The decision when to, when not to reconstruct is down to the crash investigators. They call on the bikers to get involved (if a bike has played it's part!). In this particular job, one of the key factors of 'whose at fault' is working out what each individual could see on the run up to the accident. The Lorry driver (apart from having been on the phone earlier in the day hence the points) is in the clear, because at the point he pulls out to lane two, the bike is not (yet) visible in his mirror ...
We only know that by walking through it and 'can you see me in the mirror yet..? What about now? Etc etc ..!

(At the time of the accident the biker was deemed touch and go whether he would survive ... But made a remarkable recovery ...)

:thumb interesting, thanks.

You mentioned the lorry driver received points for using his mobile "earlier in the day" so did they know this from the time shown on his phone and then his tacho showing that he was travelling at the time of the call?
The drver of the lorry was only caught for that because of the accident later in the day that wasn't his fault, is that correct? if so, there's a lesson there!

Another question, How fast did they estimate the bike was travelling at when it hit the lorry, and how fast was the lorry travelling at?

Feck me ... What else do you want to know ..!!!
Speed of Lorry on tacho, speed of biker is based on what he told us when he came round (at least he was honest about it ..!).
All phones get seized and examined in accidents like these ... If you've been using the phone ... They'll know ..!

Feck me ... What else do you want to know ..!!!
Speed of Lorry on tacho, speed of biker is based on what he told us when he came round (at least he was honest about it ..!).
All phones get seized and examined in accidents like these ... If you've been using the phone ... They'll know ..!

I was just fecking interested that's all! and you still have'nt answered the fecking question, typical copper, can ask lots of questions but shit when it comes to answering them!:D

WHAT WAS THE FECKING SPEED OF THE VEHICLES? :nenau

The bike was going quickly .... Naughty quickly! I don't know how quick the Lorry was going, can't remember what the crash blokes said - probably 40 - 50 (50 is his limit on that road ..).
Now get on with some house work or take yer missus out for Valentine's Day .... !!

(I guess f you take into account the lorry's speed travelling forward the bike would have have probably hit him at 70 mph ish ... Maybe a tad less if he managed to scrub off some speed ..?)

ok ta!
She just told me go and clean the bloody bathroom, as I was reading your post!! did you text her? :nenau

:D

We've been texting for years. You know when she tells you she's off out for the night to meet her mate Jane .....

:blast Feck! How thick am I........... "Jane from work."....Berk, it was rhyming slang:blast

All makes sense now....

The video is misleading as, without the inside knowledge about the earlier us of the phone, you'd think the lorry driver got the points for his part in this accident

The lorry driver must have been a bit of a dick admitting to using the phone at the relevant time but not hands free....

Back
Top Bottom