Calling UKGSER crash investigation team ......

Giles

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Bear to the catering wagon please ....... !

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/liY1xW93tSw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm intrigued, is there a synopsis of what happened?
Looking good there Giles, I sense a career opportunity........:D
Mark

from the evidence it suggests the motorcycle hit the back of the truck...?

unless the lorry was going backwards really fast... which would be really dangerous.... and impressive

:thumb2

I'm not sure what happened in the crash but the cast of the reconstruction looked like a bunch of ugly cnuts.

....and not even a song to finish off with.:(

Why did they not let you loose behind the camera :nenau are they not aware of your talent :comfort

How the fuck did the rider fail to see a bloody great lorry? :blast

should've gone to spec savers

perhaps it's ray charles and stevie wonder getting into the adventure bike market and they're making a doco....?

I'm intrigued, is there a synopsis of what happened?
Looking good there Giles, I sense a career opportunity........:D
Mark

How the fuck did the rider fail to see a bloody great lorry? :blast

The road is a dual carriage way. There was a broken down vehicle in lane one. The lorry moved from lane one to two to pass the broken down .... the Bike went into the back of the lorry.

The road has some large sweeping bends on it, but also a deceptive dip in the road, what was interesting doing the reconstruction was that at the point that I first see the lorry, I can only see the top 2/3's of it and not its wheels. Something we all discussed was that the biker may well have made an assumption that the lorry he could see 300m ahead was in lane one, and that as the dip and the bend developed he had a 'Oh Feck ... it's not in lane one it's in lane two :eek:' moment .....

The real point of the reconstruction was to almost walk through the scenario so that we could pin point who could see who, and where they were on the road. (So when would the lorry driver first see the bike in his mirror? before his manoeuvre ? not until after after it? etc etc)

:thumb2

Glad they had the sense to give the camera to someone else :D

The first fatality I attended was of a similar nature bike into rear of lgv probably explains my bimbling riding style that I have since adopted.

They can all take the piss Giles ... I did a couple of fatal motorcycle accident reconstructions in my day, and they can be scary :rob

Good one kid .... make sure you get that pension .... and keep paying in to the pension fund :D

Thank you

:beerjug:

Yeah yeah yeah ...... :D

Points off for using the words "lorry" and "bike"..............

Police MUST use the word "vehicle" for everything. Doncha know? :rob

Al

What 108 mph bike is Giles talking about, quote the problem with litre bikes is 108 mph"

Back
Top Bottom