XSR 900

Arsey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Having owned well over 50 bikes,I've NEVER owned a single Yamaha.
But I think this is one I could definitely see myself with,the new XSR 900 :

2016-Yamaha-XSR900-RHR.jpg

MT09/Tracer engine,with taller seat height and modern/retro looks,if that makes sense.

Yamaha%20XSR900%20%2016%20%206.jpg

Thoughts ?

The King Kenny paintjob is the only thing going for it.............................the rest:barf

Some great memories of the Roberts era. I can see why you like it .
There are some bits that needed more attention imho

Attachments

• Yamaha_XSR900___Page_8___Adventure_Rider.jpg
    Yamaha_XSR900___Page_8___Adventure_Rider.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 1,733
It's a weird concept but the more I look at the Yams the more I like them - funnily enough as much as I love the iconic Yam speed blocks I think that's the worst paint job of the lot on the XSR's.

Also, IMHO, I much prefer the looks of the 700.

Andres

I think they've done a cracking job on them they'll sell like hot cakes no doubt with there retro styling great reviews as well

i'm sure it's a great fun bike, but it looks like it's made of odd bits that don't quite fit.

paint's nice.

I love it too and want one - but I'll wait until it doesn't have 20% VAT on it! The tacky bits are just that, tacky. I had a 650XS2 with the same paint job (ish) back in the 70s, that's why I love this one so much.

If it saves perfectly good old airheads from being turned into something similar ... Great!

Apparently all the speed block jobbies are all sold/allocated to dealers.It does look a bit odd but so much better than the Tracey,in my mind,and that motor is VERY good.

Having owned well over 50 bikes,I've NEVER owned a single Yamaha.
But I think this is one I could definitely see myself with,the new XSR 900 :

Thoughts ?

Thinking of the AT replacement already :aidan

Strangely enough owned a lot of bikes over the last 30 odd years and only ever owned one Yamaha - a TR1 when I was a poor student.

Seen this in the flesh and to be honest it looks a complete bitsa special - just does not look right IMO.

Park it next to a Street/Speed Triple and I know which one I would go for based on looks alone ;)

Seen this in the flesh and to be honest it looks a complete bitsa special - just does not look right IMO,just like a LC GS !!

Park it next to a Street/Speed Triple and I know which one I would go for based on looks alone ;)

Then again ,I am a Lemming GSER so what the fuck do I know !!!

Couldn't agree more !

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ki6-KPCWBu4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Triumph Scrambler slayer !!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ki6-KPCWBu4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Triumph Scrambler slayer !!!

Arsey - what colour in the sky in your world - it must be different to mine!!

Scrambler is a low powered retro bike with good looks. The Yam is the complete opposite :comfort

Arsey - what colour in the sky in your world - it must be different to mine!!

Scrambler is a low powered retro bike with good looks. The Yam is the complete opposite :comfort

Put another way,the XSR 900 is a relatively high powered bike with good looks,The Scrambler is the complete opposite,and I've owned a Scrambler.
Admittedly I've not owned a 800XCx,but then I'm not 5'5" so don't qualify.

And blue skies here.Been out on bike all morning.:beerjug:

Put another way,the XSR 900 is a relatively high powered bike with good looks,The Scrambler is the complete opposite,and I've owned a Scrambler.
Admittedly I've not owned a 800XCx,but then I'm not 5'5" so don't qualify.

And blue skies here.Been out on bike all morning.:beerjug:

O'dear - your grasp on reality slips even further - do they still let you drive them there flying buses :rolleyes:

PS - I wonder how I manage to ride an XCx at 6' 3" which I also find more roomy that the AT :p

Back
Top Bottom