Storing more than one map on SD cards?

Losttheplot

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Is it possible to store more than one gmapsupp file onto a SD card, and then access it from the sat nav?

I've just downloaded some maps from OSM (both street map and topo), and want to run them on the unit at the same time, without having to change cards..

Yes it is, at least on the Montana.
Just rename each gmapsupp to something more memorable as you load each one in (like gbdiscoverer/cneurope etc) and you can have quite a few maps in the one garmin folder.
The only limit is the amount of map tiles in total (the bits that make up the image), but it's around 3000 I believe.
I have the OS Discoverer, CN Europe, CN North America, GB Topo and OSM Morocco on one card in my Montana 610.

Yes it is, at least on the Montana.
Just rename each gmapsupp to something more memorable as you load each one in (like gbdiscoverer/cneurope etc) and you can have quite a few maps in the one garmin folder.
The only limit is the amount of map tiles in total (the bits that make up the image), but it's around 3000 I believe.
I have the OS Discoverer, CN Europe, CN North America, GB Topo and OSM Morocco on one card in my Montana 610.

Great answer, I didn't know that.
But when loading the maps do you transfer straight to the SD card ie. With the card in the computer slot and not in the gps?

That's how I've done it, SD card in an adapter in the laptop slot, drag & drop the .img files into the 'garmin' folder, then rename them before dropping the next one in.

Back
Top Bottom