Typical !!!! It's dead

thebuyer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
So after it sitting on a trickle charge for a few months, with no issues .... And now me deciding to use the DRZ I bought for swmbo... The battery has died...:blast

What shall I fit ? Genuine new battery or is there a better alternative..

Also the tyres look like the originals... So I'm going to change them ... As I'm going to do some green laneing ... What do we suggest

What no opinions, help or insults ...

Really ...!!! Looks like I'm off the main dealers :(

Batteries? I think I'd be tempted to just fit a decent pattern battery, nothing special needed.

Tyres - I like Pirelli MT21's a lot, a very good all round tyre that cope ok with most stuff as well as being half decent on tarmac (I have them on the Husky at the moment).
Or check out Mitas, cheaper and a bit more dirt orientated such as the EF07 LINKY :)

Andres

Battery: I've been happy with Yuasa (Yuasu?) brand. Sealed. If you can get the same size battery with a higher capacity great, but make sure the teminals are the right way round.
Tyres: I like MT21 Rallycross too. They wear quite well on road too. I'm thinking of Heidenau K60 or Mitas E07 next for a more road biased riding and less mud-plugging.

Have you checked the main fuse adjacent to the battery box?
Battery:- Motobatt or similar dry matt battery. Ideally about 100CCA.
Tyres:- Mites XT-994 front 80/100-21. Mites XT-754 rear 120/90-18.
Take care on wet tarmac when tyres are new, but trail riding will be very good, they are the best tyres for North Wales that I have ever used.

It lives ..!!!

A new yuasa battery, and a pair of Michelin AC 10 tyres ... And ready to go...

So decided to break this old girls "cherry " and get dirty with her

And now I get why these bikes are so popular ... Amazing engine ... So forgivable even to an amateur like me

A friend took me on some trails around Llangollen ... Including the " wayfarer " :eek:

And yes I survived and so did the bike :thumb2

So now what to do ... It really is too good to be abused by me ... So back in garage ... Cleaned and looking great ... Maybe I will get dirty with her again ... Or I might sell her ... Who knows

Looking good :)

AC10's are pretty good off road in my limited experience just treat them with respect on tarmac, especially wet tarmac........

Andres

Back
Top Bottom