Cheshire monthly meet

Where does time go ...

Never really took off these meets .... but I thought I’d try again.

Anyone fancy meeting up ?

We could do a social ride and breakfast at lake Brenig http://www.llyn-brenig.co.uk

Early evening ride or meet

If I get any interest ... I will think of places to meet up and put up some dates.

We used to have a regular meet that started out near Alsager, moved briefly to a pub east of Knutsford and then finally to a pub called the Windmill right next to J19 of the M6 . The meet grew in popularity and in the summer months we had 30+ bikes there . In the winter months I was sometimes sat there with just 1 or 2 , usually Mark . That was 9 years ago prior to my daughters birth and there must be a lot more members now.

The secret to its success I think was firstly its location. Bods from Warrington , Liverpool , Manchester , Lancashire, Cheshire and Stoke on Trent area could quite easily get there after work . Secondly , we held it without fail on the something like the first Tuesday of every month . Everybody knew it was on and could , at the last minute , just decide to come without checking in here first . I would always post a couple of reminders but many attendees would just turn up . In other words even if only one or two had actually responded on here there could & would be many actually there on the night.

Consistency was they key and the meet did grow . Good luck :thumb

We used to have a regular meet that started out near Alsager, moved briefly to a pub east of Knutsford and then finally to a pub called the Windmill right next to J19 of the M6 . The meet grew in popularity and in the summer months we had 30+ bikes there . In the winter months I was sometimes sat there with just 1 or 2 , usually Mark . That was 9 years ago prior to my daughters birth and there must be a lot more members now.

The secret to its success I think was firstly its location. Bods from Warrington , Liverpool , Manchester , Lancashire, Cheshire and Stoke on Trent area could quite easily get there after work . Secondly , we held it without fail on the something like the first Tuesday of every month . Everybody knew it was on and could , at the last minute , just decide to come without checking in here first . I would always post a couple of reminders but many attendees would just turn up . In other words even if only one or two had actually responded on here there could & would be many actually there on the night.

Thanks for your reply

Is that group still going ?

I'd be up for a Tuesday evening ride out along the lines of what Rushy has said!

No I’m afraid not. There was a good group of people coming for about 4 - 5 years, even Tarka turned up a couple of times in the early days on the Lego bike . That was before he realised most members were middle class tossers with poor spelling and lousy grammar :D

There were some good trips planned/executed and friendships formed though :thumb

I remember the first time Flipfly came along and sat on the grass for ages with his far better looking half not knowing who anyone was .... he was very shy, quite and reserved in those days .:p

Like I said, I and a couple of others , were pretty much committed to going same time every month so you could always guarantee somebody would be there for a chat and some bollox. People often wouldn’t commit to coming but would turn up anyway.

Ian

If one of those meets were at the Broughton in Rode Heath I went there a couple of times but then they moved on. Was it something I said !!!!!!!
Must have been 2004 ish had one of the then new 1200 gs. Thought it was a good venue.
That was a good r9t meet Rushy, me ,you and Fluff .

The thread needs to be pinned if you do consider doing it again as this is the first I have seen of it :D

Food was good as well:thumb

Well we had a good meet at the Goshawk in Delemere ... even Flipfly came in a Mercedes... he was a good laugh.

Unfortunately I’ve had a few family problems to sort and little time to arrange or plan

Anyway let’s see if we get some interest

Anyone fancy a Sunday morning ride .... this is one of my favourite routes ... and Lake brenig serves a great breakfast :thumb2

Attachments

• 329B0FC1-1476-4AE4-9825-BBF0DFE7CE35.jpg
    329B0FC1-1476-4AE4-9825-BBF0DFE7CE35.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 190
Well we had a good meet at the Goshawk in Delemere ... even Flipfly came in a Mercedes... he was a good laugh.

Unfortunately I’ve had a few family problems to sort and little time to arrange or plan

Anyway let’s see if we get some interest

Anyone fancy a Sunday morning ride .... this is one of my favourite routes ... and Lake brenig serves a great breakfast :thumb2

Sorry, I can't make the weekends with other commitments

i agree with everything rushy said.consitency was the key.it all went wrong when the venues kept changing.

Hay,

Ill be up for a bit of a ride :)

Just let me know when and where,

John.

I'm up for meeting my fellow UKGSers in the Northwest as I'm sure Brut 33 would as well. we're both in the St Helens area but are prepared to travel a little. I know there used to be at meet near Knutsford by junction 19 as I met Rushy there a couple of times some years ago. I no longer have a GS, but I'm sure you guys wouldn't hold that against me :D

Back
Top Bottom