Ram X Grip Mount

Scooter Boy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Having recently inherited a couple of slightly battered IPhone 5 's from my kids I thought it might be worth at try at using the GPS function as a possible upgrade for my ageing Garmin 2610, which although still works well tends to bounce about and sag on the Migsel mount I have on my 1150.

Having done a bit of research I decided on the Ram X Grip as it can be used for pretty much any phone,so ordered one through Get Geared on ebay.

Mount arrived today,unfortunately just after I returned from a ride round the West Coast,so I have not had a chance to try it out yet but will later when the rain stops.

It seems to hold the phone very securely and came with an extra piece of rubber webbing,'for open cockpit use',although I will be using the lanyard from my 2610 as well just in case.

I am not great as yet with the i phone,this being my first but I downloaded a couple of apps,Navmii UK & ROI and Waze (not really sure what areas are covered by this one)

I have tried the Waze one in the car but was unimpressed compared to the standalone Garmin car unit I have,it seemed slow to re-route and lacked detail but I will persevere.
Anyway here are a few picks of the mount

Th screen size is pretty much the same as the 2610 but of course it is not waterproof ,I might try and rig up some sort of rain shield as i think a cover would be too difficult to see through.
I will report back once I have tried it in motion.

Good bit of kit, use one with my waterproof sony z3c and tested on plenty of rough stuff without need for a lanyard.

Drop some glue into the rubber ends as they can loosen and fall off after a few thousand miles, spares not cheap.

Also thinking about a shield in order to keep glare off. Let us know what you come up with !

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom