The beginnings of a 1975 Suzuki TR750

Hi Fella,

I've just seen this post (I was in Italy when you posted it)

Of course I'd like to paint it for you :D

Drop me a line when you're ready and we'll go from there!

Keep the posts coming!
Bill you need to get the bodywork to chris NOW he's a busy boy:hide
Chris ,sorry mate couldn't help it:D:D:D:clap

Mikey, I think I need to get the expansion chambers on it and the tank fitted then sort out the cock eyed fairing fitting prior to any body work. Suspect I'm still a year away from a running bike based on work required and money availability. Still have a GT750 restoration on the go that will be on the market in the spring to help fund this........................TR is like a drug!!

Little plug for the 1976 GT750, I'm the 2nd owner less than 3200 miles.

Attachments

• IMG_0604.jpg
    IMG_0604.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 1,199
Bill you need to get the bodywork to chris NOW he's a busy boy:hide
Chris ,sorry mate couldn't help it:D:D:D:clap

Hey fella I can roll with the punches! :D

Your bits are nearly finished, you should have them back by .......... easter! :aidan

Mikey, I think I need to get the expansion chambers on it and the tank fitted then sort out the cock eyed fairing fitting prior to any body work. Suspect I'm still a year away from a running bike based on work required and money availability. Still have a GT750 restoration on the go that will be on the market in the spring to help fund this........................TR is like a drug!!

Little plug for the 1976 GT750, I'm the 2nd owner less than 3200 miles.
Best get cracking BIll,
Looking good:thumb

That's looking just lovely!

I was lucky enough to be sharing a track with one last year, plus a big TZ and other RGs. What an awesome noise the TRs make. :thumb2

I have the same seat unit and, being Tosser sized, have mounted a small subframe on top of the Suzuki seat mounts, to move it up and back 30mm. It means my knees have an easier time and the seat's still not tall, so I have an extra 1" foam too.

Get it sorted for next year's Barry Sheen race Parades at Oliver's Mount and I'll chase you 'round.:)

I'm on the classic blue and white RG in this clip, and I think there are TRs in red and blue.

RG at OM1 by mark jackson, on Flickr

And don't forget to bring plenty of duct tape (and a spare slow airhead for reduced fear when it rains)! :D

21894272816_7649858d69_k.jpg

Mine's in bits at the mo as I've still got to collect my newly repaired swing arm from Harris Brothers, which has started to fail around an old war-wound from the late 70s.

Lester's promised me a little factory tour, so I need to arrange a time when I'm in no rush and he has a (long) while free.

Kid:Sweet shop:D

I am thinking about building one as well to run alongside our Yamaha tz 350 at the CRMC which pipes and gearbox are you thinking of using :aidan

Can't afford a Nova 6 speed but have sourced a modified close ratio 5 speed conversion using a new first gear and main shaft along with my gear box internals.

Was lucky enough to have a look a Team Classic Suzukis TR750 (the blue and white pictures I posted earlier) . Plan on getting pattern expansion chambers made up by the same fabrication shop as installed on that bike.

Very interested in hearing about yout TZ350 and your plans for your TR750. Also happy to share any information re suppliers of bits and pieces as well as services but would rather do that via PM's so drop me a note if that's of interest. Post some pictures please of your TZ.

if i can figure out how to size them i will that is the pics, i have owned the tz for a long time from when people were giving them away wish i had known, returned to racing about 7 years ago the bike had been under a sheet for a long time my uncle had just retired and was board so i suggested we recommission the tz and do a track day or two soon got fed up with that so jumped into the deep end and the rest as they say is history, the CRMC is simple racing competitive but not silly so we are looking for something to run alongside the tz we know 2 strokes can,t afford a tz 750 so the big suzuki was the next choice a fine looking bike and should be interesting to ride and a challenge to get right
:aidan

Rolled out again today for pictures.....................................little by little.............

Attachments

• IMG_0743.jpg
    IMG_0743.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 2,178
  • IMG_0741.jpg
    IMG_0741.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 2,441
  • IMG_0754.jpg
    IMG_0754.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 2,168
  • IMG_0747.jpg
    IMG_0747.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 2,297
Just picked up the fuel tank. Got it sooner than I expected and very pleased with the result. Expansion chambers next, fabricator for chambers said he can start on them in the next 5 or six weeks. Think my main contribution in a lot of this are finding such talented people!!

Attachments

• IMG_0819.jpg
    IMG_0819.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 1,934
  • IMG_0820.jpg
    IMG_0820.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 1,867
  • IMG_0821.jpg
    IMG_0821.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 1,894
Got the radiator cut down and modified and rough fit to the bike. Tank has a cap and outlet fitting, next is exhaust. I think the exhaust was iconic to the TR750 so really looking forward to that phase.

Attachments

• IMG_0848.jpg
    IMG_0848.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 1,816
  • IMG_0857.jpg
    IMG_0857.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 2,162
  • IMG_0847.jpg
    IMG_0847.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 1,995
Yes the motor used in the TR750 was based on the Suzuki GT750 motor. The street engine was rated at 67 hp and the racing bikes produce about 120 hp by the mid 70's. I'm going to try for 90 to 100 hp from this one.

Back
Top Bottom