A copy of Mapsource

The Grey One

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I recently bought a new PC and was faced with the problem of getting Mapsource on it. Not so long ago you could find it available on line but recently all I could find is an update that only works if you already have an older version

This was no real problem as I copied my Mapsource from the older machine straight to One drive and then copied it directly onto my PC.

It struck me that others might not have this option for whatever reason so I have put my copy on Dropbox. All you need do is click on the link and then download it to your PC.

I then loaded both the OSM maps (UK) and the Garmin (Europe) Annoyingly this loads Basecamp too, there is no option not to. I have one machine with Basecamp and as far as I am concerned that is enough! Removing Basecamp is not straightforward though-it's almost as if Garmin know its no popular! But it can be done.

So anyone who, like me, prefers to carry on using Mapsource can use the link to install it. I would also recommend the OSM maps Try the "new style" ones- more detail and more accuracy than the Garmin ones. They are updated weekly and are free. The work perfectly with Mapsource or Basecamp.

John

Hi John, are you able to get postcodes working on OSM maps? I have uploaded a new map to an older Garmin unit (Nuvi 360) but the seach by postcode function has gone. The map is great in that it's very new and shows all the new road closures the bloody idiots who run Waltham Forest have implemented to piss everyone off. The latest Garmin maps doesn't have this data.
However I need to have the postcode function working to be usable. I looked on OSM forum but couldn't see how to include it? :confused:

No postcode search function on OSM, as far as I know.

Work around time, if your device is capable of holding two sets of maps find the postcode in Garmin, mark it as a favourite and then display it in OSM.

I recently bought a new PC and was faced with the problem of getting Mapsource on it. Not so long ago you could find it available on line but recently all I could find is an update that only works if you already have an older version

This was no real problem as I copied my Mapsource from the older machine straight to One drive and then copied it directly onto my PC.

It struck me that others might not have this option for whatever reason so I have put my copy on Dropbox. All you need do is click on the link and then download it to your PC.

I then loaded both the OSM maps (UK) and the Garmin (Europe) Annoyingly this loads Basecamp too, there is no option not to. I have one machine with Basecamp and as far as I am concerned that is enough! Removing Basecamp is not straightforward though-it's almost as if Garmin know its no popular! But it can be done.

So anyone who, like me, prefers to carry on using Mapsource can use the link to install it. I would also recommend the OSM maps Try the "new style" ones- more detail and more accuracy than the Garmin ones. They are updated weekly and are free. The work perfectly with Mapsource or Basecamp.

John

The reliable way is to install BaseCamp first, then install mapsource from:

http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=209

No postcode search function on OSM, as far as I know.

Work around time, if your device is capable of holding two sets of maps find the postcode in Garmin, mark it as a favourite and then display it in OSM.
Thanks, I'll look into that.

Back
Top Bottom