UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
On their website the address is listed as

Arenos 5
Camaleno

On Garmin it comes up as

Barrio Arenos
Cantabria

It looks to me as if both are on the CA185 and it's a dead end so probably hard to miss, but this is not the first time I have struggled to put the proper overseas address in to the Satnav.

Can anyone suggest where I'm going wrong.

TIA

Is there more than one Hotel del Oso nr Potes ?

Is there more than one Hotel del Oso nr Potes ?

No, don't need a sat nav - dead easy to find, just head down the CA185 towards Fuente De from Potes and its is about halfway along on the right. Fab place was there just over a week ago for 5 nights.

You have to go over a little bridge to get to their car park.

No, don't need a sat nav - dead easy to find, just head down the CA185 towards Fuente De from Potes and its is about halfway along on the right. Fab place was there just over a week ago for 5 nights.

You have to go over a little bridge to get to their car park.

Straightforward to find even in the dark, as I discovered late on Wednesday evening after the ferry was late arriving at Santander. The stretch between Panes and Potes was particularly 'interesting' in the dark.

Straightforward to find even in the dark, as I discovered late on Wednesday evening after the ferry was late arriving at Santander. The stretch between Panes and Potes was particularly 'interesting' in the dark.

Nice road that but not one to rush in the dark :)

Is an awesome road, the views are spectacular. There are not many places that you can pull off to take photos though. We will have to rename it " The Pot's and Pan's road " now, thanks to J.B.....:D

Is an awesome road, the views are spectacular. There are not many places that you can pull off to take photos though. We will have to rename it " The Pot's and Pan's road " now, thanks to J.B.....:D

It was coined Pots & Pans road, when I first went to the Picos, in the early 1990's with the intrepid trail guide George Cherry and it has stuck with me ever since

58e0f5aca06c822e48eca6fa78e523eb.jpg

Plenty of snow yesterday

Festival of Kings day

I really missed my Picos 2020 fix back in September, hers hoping it goes ahead this year.

I really missed my Picos 2020 fix back in September, hers hoping it goes ahead this year.

It was nice to stay at the Del Oso without being swamped by Brit bikers !!

I bet Maia is loving the snow.

f90383c055729857e8e00cceb655e536.jpg

She’ll have grown a fait bit in 4 months.

Was only talking about this hotel recently while dreaming of a post covid trip, we had a nice stay there in 2018. They were working on the outdoor swimming pool at the time..... is it finished?

Was only talking about this hotel recently while dreaming of a post covid trip, we had a nice stay there in 2018. They were working on the outdoor swimming pool at the time..... is it finished?

What were they doing to the pool ?
I first stayed there in June 2018 and the pool was up and running.

What a great hotel. Great people. Delicious food. Classy wine cellar. Really happy memories of nights up in Cosgaya. Look forward to returning at some time

Such a lovely place. Must be stunning around there in the snow.

Sure look forward to getting back some day. Need another 'Tapas Tour' :)

What were they doing to the pool ?
I first stayed there in June 2018 and the pool was up and running.

Either building it or a refurb. We stayed in May 2018 and I didn't inspect closely but got the impression it was all hands to the pump on getting the pool done... looks like I missed it by a month. Hopefully get there this year.

Attachments

• IMG_5025.jpg
    IMG_5025.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 353
Why’s Bernie standing on her head :D

I was supposed to be there last summer, fingers crossed for this year....

Back
Top Bottom