MT07 Tracer test ride

Cheers chaps, the obvious alternatives Versus, Vstrom are also good bikes but quite a bit in excess of 200kg . This one retains enough of the MT07 lightweight feel, is just sub 200kg, yet can tank along on a long trip quite happily too. I'm impressed and find the lack of fripperies quite refreshing. The suspension is improved over the 07 but frankly can still be a bit basic and does get its knickers in a twist on rough or bumpy roads but frankly I don't really care such are it's other qualities. 70 odd hp, lightweight and agile with decent handling and proper distance ability. As previous poster the exhaust note is a bit bland but original can is staying till it rots off and the engine is a rather nice thing. I guess it's not European and therefore exotic but in my opinion it's an unsung game changer. When you provide a good all round light weight tourer for all those that claim to want light weight and reasonable power without all the bells and whistles......well you know the rest.

Mt 07

Hi guys, my son has an MT 07 for sale its a 2015 limited edition moto cage with a genuine 1500 miles.
We're in Fife Scotland if anyone is interested.

Hi guys, my son has an MT 07 for sale its a 2015 limited edition moto cage with a genuine 1500 miles.
We're in Fife Scotland if anyone is interested.

Pop it into the For Sale section with a few decent pictures :beerjug:

An old buddy of mine, ex-racer, swears by his MT-07. Light & flickable, loves the back roads & has renewed his enthusiasm for biking. He just has a few concerns over the finish in places, but he is pretty meticulous.

Still that KTM Duke 790 sounds interesting at £8500 - seems the engine is a peach. No wonder BMW were so keen to try to launch the F750/850 promptly - sadly it back-fired a tad.

An old buddy of mine, ex-racer, swears by his MT-07. Light & flickable, loves the back roads & has renewed his enthusiasm for biking. He just has a few concerns over the finish in places, but he is pretty meticulous.

Still that KTM Duke 790 sounds interesting at £8500 - seems the engine is a peach. No wonder BMW were so keen to try to launch the F750/850 promptly - sadly it back-fired a tad.

Katoom is a great bike at a different price point as are the Bimmers.

Who'd have thunk parallel twins would be back in vogue again eh?

Pop it into the For Sale section with a few decent pictures :beerjug:

Yip should do just that but I'm doing a building project so the only time I get on this site is when I'm resting the weary old bones in th bath. Not so handy for bike photos.

Back
Top Bottom