Petit Fute 100 motorcycle routes in France

Wapping

Reaction score
The Petit Fute guidebook bods have updated their book of 100 motorcycle routes in France. I bought a copy via Amazon.

Happy to report it's OK. Yes, it's 'in foreign' but a chimp could understand most of it, particularly the routes.

672f06a324c62a0c8c8bf761f4a39a1b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

People might not know... that their website has enough info to put the routes into a GPS via whatever software you use...

Thank you for highlighting this, I had meant to. Here's how to do it, at least on an iPad:

Go to: https://www.petitfute.com/guides-thematiques/t3-france-a-moto/

The regions are in orange

Tap on the plus (+) sign for say, region Est (east) and then tap on the route you fancy.

You'll find a reasonable map and a route card. Certainly good enough to ride without doing anything more and / or use to create a route in GPS friendly software for transfer to a Garmin or TomTom.

The first copy I have is 2006/7. Always take the latest one with us and it has proved very useful to dip into whichever part of the country you are in along with some useful tourist info. Never actually completed a full circuit.

342b7defabe7ed8d31d18dfc82bc64cc.png

I have just bought the latest copy of the book. It really is very good for reasonable length circular day out jaunts (anywhere between 200 and 300 km) centred on some reasonably large towns.

Over the next few months I’ll have a go at creating the 100 or more routes in GPS friendly BaseCamp. When complete, it should help to answers the requests for ideas on days out, that start along the lines of: “I will be near XXX with a spare day, anyone got a route for a day’s ride?”. I will also see if I can then drop the Michelin ‘100 Virees’ routes (which I need to recreate, bringing it up to date) on top, creating them in a different colour. That would then give bods the whole of France at their fingertips..... and no need to ask: “Me and my six mates are off on Saturday and we need....”.

Back
Top Bottom