Llangollen Off Road

Spout

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Big thank you to Simon for leading the off road ride on Saturday. A real quality route.

Mud, grass, water, stones, bog, more mud - yes, Ken sat in all of them.:D

It's nice to see that oilheads now outnumber airheads on these muddy jaunts (3 1200's and 3 Advs against a solitary 100).

I'm sure others will post pics (bet there aint one of Ken on his bike:D ) and give a full account of where we went.

Great ride and a right good laugh. :D

Sorry to miss everyone over the weekend, but I was a little rushed.

Spout said:
Mud, grass, water, stones, bog, more mud - yes, Ken sat in all of them.:D
I'm sure others will post pics (bet there aint one of Ken on his bike:D )

Oh HA HA

Here's one of my bike :D

Attachments

• dsc02455.jpg
    dsc02455.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 3,298
.....and here's one of me holding bits of my bike.

(More tomorrow as I'm off out to get pissed and laid - not necessarily in that order.

Yes a fantastic rideout on Saturday Simon. I'm glad I joined the big boys one :D )

Attachments

• dsc02447.jpg
    dsc02447.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 1,998
Boys and Girl

Well done to everyone for surviving the ordeal by mud. Quite an initiation for some of you. Just be glad we didn't take you round the trails that we decided to cut out!

Here's some low-res photos to give flavour of the run - Casey will post a web-link with a full set of photos when he gets back from Norway later this week.

Simon

Attachments

• ll01.jpg
    ll01.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 1,614
Casey shouted "Yes, cleaned it!" just before plunging into the hedge. Don't you love it when that happens?

Attachments

• ll09.jpg
    ll09.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 1,414
What boxers are made for - leaning onto the side of ruts

Attachments

• ll11.jpg
    ll11.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 1,409
bigtrailbikerider said:
Fair play chaps................bloody good effort!

Prehaps when mine is a bit more older I will join you?

BTBR

How old is it now? I got mine last Sept. :D

My off road story.....

We all gathered in the car park of the Hand hotel at 0930 for a through briefing from Simon. Usual crap - no insurance (what??) farmers with gun's (WHAT??) and oh by the way, have fun.

The first few lanes were to lull us into a false sense of security I'm sure. We climbed and climbed and climbed over rocky and grassy tracks. The ruts seemed deep here (foolish boy :) ).

The scenery was really breathtaking, I looked so much I kept falling off ;)

We got up onto the tops and found a welcome from a farmer which necessitated us parking our bikes. As someone has said, they are designed well for parking in ruts

DSC02445.JPG

This was the farmers 'welcome' - a few small pebbles across a public access gate. Casey getting down to the job.

DSC02446.JPG

As has been mentioned - I was working on the principle that the more bits I knocked off the bike the lighter it would become. didn't seem to work though??

DSC02447.JPG

The off road team

DSC02449.JPG

... and with me in. I am commenting on how much fun I am having. they are commenting on my riding skills :D

DSC02450.JPG

a very nice place to have lunch...

DSC02451.JPG

Simon and Georgie tuck in...

DSC02452.JPG

Casey gets a welcome break from helping me pick my bike up

DSC02453.JPG

Decided my footpegs were better on the bike than in my pocket so we fixed those. If you have the fastaway pegs check the circlip stays on the bottom of the fixing pin.

DSC02454.JPG

Yeah yeah - we've seen that one before. Note the rush to help me up. :rolleyes:

DSC02455.JPG

Then about a quarter of the way round we heard the sound of thrashing two strokes and came across a kids moto cross track. they must have been only 7 or 8 but god were they giving it some welly..

DSC02458.JPG

As you can see here

DSC02459.JPG

...and here

DSC02461.JPG

someone elses turn to fall off so the rest of us parked up again...

DSC02462.JPG

Soft wet slippy mud - dontcha just lurve it :D

DSC02463.JPG

Mouse giving it some right hand

DSC02464.JPG

...with the desired result...

DSC02465.JPG

Fanferkintastic it was - if I was to do it again I would certainly do some serious training beforehand to get fit.

It was exhausting but I'm still grinning. :D

Back
Top Bottom