Hograost North 2017 "Dave & Dave : The resurrection"

Gecko

Reaction score
In honour of many years of amazing Hograosts organised by Bakerman and his team of happy elves I have asked him if he'd mind the Hograost tradition moving up north since he has hung up his Hograost apron now.

Steve was very happy to allow this so I'm putting out feelers for 'Hograost North 2017' to be held at Buxton Rugby club in the Peak District from Friday 30th June to Sunday 2nd July 2017. The rugby club are happy to host the event which is great because we know we had many wonderful Hograosts hosted at Andover rugby club in the past so we know that formula works well.
We have some ideas for bands and entertainment but with a decent bit of flat camping, an indoor bar, showers and toilets, a hograost and cooked breakfasts what more does anyone need with the Peak District on your doorstep?
Buxton and surroundings is awash with B&B accommodation and hotels for those that don't camp.

I'm looking for expressions of interest, sponsorship, helpers, rideout leaders and other general goodwill to make this happen.

Let the discussion begin....:beerjug:

Big shoes, good luck, date in diary :beerjug:

Isn't that the truth !.... it was such a legendary event of which I have a lot of fond memories over the years so it may just be possible to sprinkle some of that onto this event too if it comes together.

Pencil in for camping platz please cheers:beer:

PS Happy to help if your short of willing hands.

Bakes' events were so special, I think it's great that the spirit is being kept alive .

Beautiful part of the world too, so yes please!

Paul g

Ps will you be doing rapid laps of the campsite on an R80 outfit? It's what we've become accustomed to, y'know..! :D

I'm in, loved the Hograost events and missed them since Steve hung up his apron... Dates in the diary!!

Interested and glad you're coming up north to 160 miles south of 60 miles south of Scotland :p

EDIT: I shouldn't take the piss as Buxton is a pretty central location.

:beerjug:

im in 2 for camping maybe more :beerjug: i live not to far away, other side of chesterfield and more than willing to give you help if needed

Any suggestions for possible sponsors or trade stalls we might like to invite ?

Back
Top Bottom