Re mapping 450

chasbmw

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone had a 450 remapped? looking to improve low rev manners.

Thanks

My Pal has a CCM with this engine in, and he has just had it returned to them for a re map to stop snatchyness at low throttle openings. I understand CCM restrict their 450's by about 10 bhp compared to standard so it may not be relevant.

If CCM have a map Im sure other tuners have

Hey Chas, I've not had mine remapped but I use the power plug and BMW supplied race silencer which is a big improvement over standard. However, I recently also removed the 2nd servo controlled butterfly valve and adjusted the TPS to read 0.8 volts at idle and it has made a big difference to low speed running and the throttle response is a lot snappier as well. It has made what to me was a good engine into a really good one.

I've had the Dynojet Power Commander fitted to my CCM by the factory in Bolton. I've kept the standard exhaust (there is a Quill option available for the GP450) and haven't fitted the power plug yet. Early days but it has improved the low rev manners.

Those who have had the full upgrades with power plug and exhaust are reporting big improvements, although a higher idle has been mentioned which can be turned down a bit if it causes low speed issues.

My Pal has a CCM with this engine in, and he has just had it returned to them for a re map to stop snatchyness at low throttle openings. I understand CCM restrict their 450's by about 10 bhp compared to standard so it may not be relevant.

If CCM have a map Im sure other tuners have

Update as Toddmeister says the CCM upgrade involves fitting a power commander. I spoke to my pal with CCM the other day, he is delighted with the modifications carried out by CCM

Magwych, thinking about doing this myself, could you let me know where you got the appropriate lead and maybe share your tune settings, use my 450 on a lot of tight technical stuff and it could do wit being a bit more tractable low down.

Back
Top Bottom