Route Des Grande Alpes map, GPS track and additions / variations - Scroll through

I pick up the full magazine for ‘free’ via Readly.

I'm just checking our Readly and can find Alpentourer but not Tourenfahrer; do you get Tourenfahrer with your Readly subscriptiion?

TIA.

I'm just checking our Readly and can find Alpentourer but not Tourenfahrer; do you get Tourenfahrer with your Readly subscriptiion?

TIA.

Tourenfahrer seems to be one of the few not on Readly!

I pick up the full magazine for ‘free’ via Readly.

I bow to greater knowledge - I can't even get a Ride magazine article to print out!

My Alpentouer e-paper articles printed so easily too.

I've just bought this months e-paper of Tourenfahrer from United Kiosk (where I bought my Alpentourer e-paper from) and it won't print or translate either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Alpentourer e-paper separates all the individual articles whereas the Tourenfahrer one doesn't.
What a pain in the arse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don’t translate foreign, I just look at the pictures. Just as I would do, were it in a Christian language.

That's also what I've also done up until now.

I shall now be subscribing to Alpentourer so I can download touring articles in Scottish!

An alternative, courtesy of Tourenfahrer magazine 6/2021

From the blurb:

Assuming they publish the second part, I’ll add it here when they do.

Download for a couple of euro or copy the excellent map to create your own version.

https://www.tourenfahrer.de/tour-datenbank/tour/alp-traum-1061/detail/

fb37b6652a59df8c4d01fa9ee95ecd81.png

Tourenfahrer did publish part 2 in edition 7/2021

a3f31270902e02227edd03e0ded889f5.png

https://www.tourenfahrer.de/tour-datenbank/tour/berg-fest-alp-traum-ii-1069/detail/

An alternative, courtesy of Tourenfahrer magazine 6/2021

From the blurb:

Assuming they publish the second part, I’ll add it here when they do.

Download for a couple of euro or copy the excellent map to create your own version.

https://www.tourenfahrer.de/tour-datenbank/tour/alp-traum-1061/detail/

fb37b6652a59df8c4d01fa9ee95ecd81.png

....Screenshot 2022-01-04 17.39.16.jpg

Having a look at starting my trip off with this suggestion this year
Downloaded the file and just checking through
Any idea why the route would go south of La Lechere, through Moutiers, on the D1090 to Planchamp & return ? All looks correct to map shown in magazine but just cant see why ?

....View attachment 520878

Having a look at starting my trip off with this suggestion this year
Downloaded the file and just checking through
Any idea why the route would go south of La Lechere, through Moutiers, on the D1090 to Planchamp & return ? All looks correct to map shown in magazine but just cant see why ?

If you’re using any form of live mapping then seasonal road closures will bugger up the route at this time of the year.

The only software I've found that will ignore seasonal closures is the MyRouteApp Here(Gold) version. I p[refer Google maps so, if I'm planning routes in the winter, I use Here then convert to Google in the summer. I'm sure Wapping will advise if he has found anything else that's suitable.

If you’re using any form of live mapping then seasonal road closures will bugger up the route at this time of the year.

I am using Myroute app with the seasonal road closures disabled.
Like I say in first post the detour looks correct according to map in magazine ?

If you are downloading a track, it can be due to a number of reasons. One real possibility is that the bod just wanted to go there for some reason or another and then forgot to alter his track record before it was published.

I often see strange little excursions, even one or two where the author, from a quick look on Google Street View or Google `Earth, seems to have nipped into a side road to have a leak in a hedge…. Or he went wrong and turned around again. The latter you can sometimes spot too, as you can see the return track and maybe even some buggering about tracks as he performs a ten point turn.

The written articles sometimes explain odd deviations, sometimes for nothing more than the bod lives there or has a hotel to visit.

Sometimes they just don’t replicate properly, too.

Edit the route as you see fit.

Thanks all
Just thought I would run it past the collective to see If I was missing something
Does still seem odd that both the route and the map take this unusual detour, unless of course the map is drawn from the route .
I will edit my route to take turn directly onto Col du Madeleine.

Back
Top Bottom