The Dent Rides

What sort of pace will you be setting? I don't want to rag the arse off a two up 27 year old R100gs. :)

Ride to slowest machine no one left out. Will mark turns if a big group. A bimble with scope to open the taps as you do. Tend to stay within all speed limits. Nobody ever confused me with other faster riders :D
When you see me you will appreciate that my bike is slower than some given the weight disadvantage:eek:
You will be most welcome and fine on the day:thumby:

Thanks Andrew, we have met, breakfast in the Sun Inn last year, I was the fat ugly bugger with the beard :)

Thanks Andrew, we have met, breakfast in the Sun Inn last year, I was the fat ugly bugger with the beard :)

Hello again Fatal,be good to catch up with you again. We are stopping in the George this time will be up there between 21.00 and 22.00 hours on the Friday.

Hello again Fatal,be good to catch up with you again. We are stopping in the George this time will be up there between 21.00 and 22.00 hours on the Friday.

I'm at the George as well, I'm not stalking you. Honestly :)

I think I have asked this already but....... is there a ride over the lakes or not please as never been and I have no idea where any of the rides are as not been there before ?

If I stick to my original plan I'll be cycling to Ingleton via Kingsdale then back via Chapel le Dale and Cowgill taking in a few pubs along the way so if anyone sees me lying in a ditch please stop and drag me out :D

Will do, it's an area Julie and I have spent a weekend in October last year and have had a few runs up there on me Tod and with brother in law. For this run have reversed the route a little . It's a belter plenty of the ooooooh and ahhhhh moments good roads. Did it in biblical rain ☔️ now that was fun. In the sunshine though a joy. Look forward to meeting you and the Mrs.
Have not done a gps route yet as just from memory but will put something together if this latest update works. :augie
Andrew

1 more bike and 2 peoples on your ride please Andrew.
Cheers
D

Here are some vague details of my ride out for you to consider.
I need to be back at a sensible time as I have a wedding to get to.
So in order to not short change you and avoid the chaos at departure time I propose an early start.
Plan to be away from Dent at 09.15 sharp. Back in Dent around 17.30ish
The route is largely the same as the last two years with the same offroad sections.
Gaurenteed to get your steed muddy and make you look well hard on the camp site.
There are some changes though, suptle but changes non the less.
The route dips into Yorkshire, Cumbria, Weardale, Teasdale, County Durham and Northumberland.
Getting as far north as Kielder forest and Hadrians Wall.
On a mix of peachy single track roads through stunning scenery and includes the highest lane in England.
And some fast as you like twists.
The off road is easy, and suitable for big GS's on normal rubber. There is a ford but again easy.
Will have a good stop for lunch and a coffee stop at some point if time allows.
If you are after a sedate coffee shop bimble this ride is not for you it is a full day out on some challenging roads.
The pace at times will be brisk, no 40mph pootling. No crazy speeds(unless you want to) just brisk!
So there you go, come and have a go if you think you're hard enough.
I'm not staying at Dent as only live up the road but will be popping over on the Friday and will be there from 08.30ish
on Saturday. I will be parking near the exit and will put a note on the bike so will be easy to find.
Once again my mate Andy will also be joining us and he and I will take it in turns to lead and tail end.
No fancy drop off system just alway make sure the person behind you has seen you turn at a junction.
Any questions just ask.
Paul.

Thouroghly recommend this ride....had a ball last year, still got part of Kielder Forest plastered under the tank :rob
However this time round Mrs.tree will be in close proximity, don't want to scare her witless, a slightly more sedate day out is in order :D

ride.

In honour of the t'owd lad we will once again visit Kielder forest
so you too can get some of it stuck under your tank.
If you are worried about the off road sections, they are really novice friendly.
Ideal for taking a big bike on.
The trickier of the sections can easily be missed out if you wish, meeting up
further along the road. The Kielder stretch can also be missed but is a long detour.
But it is not hard.Patx did it two up on a 1200adv the first time we did it.
All suitable for road tyres, (my bike is currently wearing tourances).

2GSES

Hi John,

If it's ok with you I'm planning to get down early Saturday for the day and would like to do the 2GSES ride. Will that be ok and what's ETD?

Hi John,

If it's ok with you I'm planning to get down early Saturday for the day and would like to do the 2GSES ride. Will that be ok and what's ETD?

Rides will leave at 9.30am ish (to be announced soon) and I'm leading it now:D

Back
Top Bottom