R1100/1150GS Injector upgrade from the US - group buy interest?

gog

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have been following a busy thread on adv about using 1200 injectors in the 1100/1150 models, it seems a popular and worthwhile mod. The majority report a great improvement in starting and running.

advrider.com/index.php?threads/1181054/

There are 2 companies doing the kits (the 1200 injectors need special machined adapters), one in Germany (tills.de) and another in the USA (injector-rehab.com).

The US company are a chunk cheaper, even with the $35 (£28.50) international shipping cost.

The owner Keith has said he would consider a discount for a group buy, and we would also get cheaper shipping as we would split that cost. I would be happy to post on to others once in the UK.

Would anyone be interested? No commitment, just an idea of numbers (if any) so he can work out a discount.

Kits for the 1100 are originally $169 (£137), and kits for the 1150 (or 1100S) are $134 (£109), before any discount.

hmm weird it's fine on the web but tapatalk redirects it. will edit.

update - no idea what's going on with that link, it's correct but tapatalk redirecting it!

on advrider in gspot - gs boxers it's titled 1200 Injectors in the 1100GS and 1150GS... Vrooom!

Hi gog
I would be interested
Thanks for posting
Jon

Ive read Roger's thoughts on this and as I understand it he feels that the benefits are only very definite if your existing injectors are mismatched or needing cleaned. While this may make sense on paper you cant argue with the sheer number of people reporting immediate, real world improvement. In fact, its almost unanimous. The EV14 injectors have a different spray delivery than the old EV1 ones meaning better atomisation also - unless im mistaken.

While having your own injectors cleaned may improve things, for me id rather spend a little more and have the newer tech with professionally matched injectors.

Ive read Roger's thoughts on this and as I understand it he feels that the benefits are only very definite if your existing injectors are mismatched or needing cleaned. While this may make sense on paper you cant argue with the sheer number of people reporting immediate, real world improvement. In fact, its almost unanimous. The EV14 injectors have a different spray delivery than the old EV1 ones meaning better atomisation also - unless im mistaken.

While having your own injectors cleaned may improve things, for me id rather spend a little more and have the newer tech with professionally matched injectors.

iv had mine cleaned and matched in the past only 20 quid. but i think id still like to give them ago if you can get a group discount. like you said so many good reviews its got to be worth it

not sure yet, got a message from the guy and he has just got off a plane, and said he would get back to me in a few hours.

Is it a case of just buying two injectors from a 1200GS and swapping out or is there a requirement to install other ancillary parts to complete the upgrade?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The 1200 injectors need a machined grommet and a bracket to hold it in, the design is different. Also random 1200 injectors, even from the same bike, may not be well matched. The injectors from Injector Rehab are professionally refurbished and matched to each other with very tight tolerance, and data sheets are included.

The refurb injectors are slightly cheaper, but brand new ones are also available. Depending on numbers some may have to pay a small bit extra for the new ones as Keith thinks he may be low on cores for the refurbs. Waiting to see what he says later tonight.

Gog, I would be interestedin an 1100 kit!

Regards...

count me in for an 1100kit possibly 2 if the price is right

Back
Top Bottom