Zumo 590

parkys100

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hello
How do you delete trips from the internal storage?Even when factory reset there are routes to import via trip planner?There must be an easy way to delete all trips from the internal memory,sorry in advance for being a Div.:confused:

To clear the trip log on a zumo 590,

Touch Settings
Touch Device
Touch Clear Travel History
Touch Yes to confirm
The trip log will now be completely cleared. Note that clearing the travel history on a zumo 590 or the zumo 595, will also clear information in the Where I've Been app.

Taken from https://support.garmin.com/faqSearch/en-GB/faq/content/ZSpRzO9fR75bHINYA3rFS9 after a google search

Hope this works

Are you seeking to permanently delete routes or trip logs? Your opening post refers to both.

Routes, the things you ride along, seeing them on the screen as a magenta line, are not the same as trip logs. Trip logs are (if you have the device set to record them) the grey'ish thin line that's a record of where you've ridden.

Deleting routes can initially be done within the device itself but requires the device to be connected to your home computer to finish it off. This is a good thing as it stops bikermates possibly deleting their holiday routes for hooning in Switzerland and then wishing that they hadn't.

Yes that correct Richard, I want to totally delete the import list that sits behind the trip planner list.
If I look at the internal storage via the PC I can view the temp PBX files do I just delete these?Sorry for being a garmin div.
Rgds Allan

From memory....

Delete the routes on your device

Plug your device into your computer

Establish the connection between your computer and device is active, ie your computer can see the device and visa-versa

The deleted routes should then vanish of their own accord.... but maybe not if the routes are held on an SD card within the device, these might need to be deleted manually.

Try it anyway and report back. You can't break it (much).

Back
Top Bottom