documents

Good job you had it with you, were you expecting to break down been on the Hardly ?

It's 21 years old and has 105,000 miles on the clock! I'd just ridden it to Spain and back..

Always best to be prepared!

It was a wire that had chaffed through against the frame causing a misfire...

All sorted by HD Nantes after recovery - the best bit ! They did it for free! And Carol Nash picked up the 277 Euro recovery bill - big thanks to Carol Nash and HD Nantes.

I read my documents before leaving and secrete them about my body . If ever approached by police or officials i eat them and only give my name and rank.

I was fined in Italy last year, in addition to the fine for the offence I was also fined a bit extra for not having my documents.
You are lucky

I have in Austria - but they were 20 miles away at the hotel room ...in Germany

Caused a stir and landed me with a £50 fine for not being able to produce them

Keep mine in a placcy bag, in the inside pocket of my leather, or whatever i happen to be in , at the time . Been asked for my documents twice whilst abroad. First time in southern Spain, and that nearly led to a gun pulling incident, in all fairness, a politition had been blown up in Seville that weekend, and nerves were jangling. The second was at Le Mans for the 24hr about 6 yrs ago, there must have been about 30 bikes pulled over onto an industrial eastate; all documents; and a quick breathalyser.

You are lucky

I have in Austria - but they were 20 miles away at the hotel room ...in Germany

Caused a stir and landed me with a £50 fine for not being able to produce them

I have been fined too, once when I had an accident, still never take them with me, if I am going to Europe.

They have access to the insurance database and the DVLA database,

I have been fined too, once when I had an accident, still never take them with me, if I am going to Europe.

They have access to the insurance database and the DVLA database,

They do now, and no doubt fines will soon be winging our way. Saying that, it still does'nt mean they will get paid.:D

Not carrying docs in europe and getting stopped could easily result in you being arrested, at the roadside we could not easily if at all get access to documentation of drivers from europe and I have no doubt that it will be the same the other way around.

So if you have an accident or commit a driving offence on the continent and the officer cannot readily check your documentation or is expected to believe a scan of docs on your phone do you think he or she is going to let you ride off.

Combine this with any language difficulties and you will be detained until such time they can be checked, now some people may think they are being clever by not carrying documents but in reality they are being exactly the opposite

A mate bounced off a Seat Marbella and went to hospital to be checked out. This was in the evening when walking back to the hotel, probably quite refreshed. He looked the wrong way when crossing the road to the hotel. I think the Seat was written off. Mate walked out of hospital that evening with a bruised arse from where he landed on the ground after bouncing off the bonnet, leaving a large dent.

Moral: make sure your EHIC & holiday insurance documents are on your person, not in your bike pannier.

Not carrying docs in europe....if you have an accident or commit a driving offence on the continent and the officer cannot readily check your documentation or is expected to believe a scan.....Combine this with any language difficulties and you will be detained until such time they can be checked, now some people may think they are being clever by not carrying documents but in reality they are being exactly the opposite

Nah, mate, feck 'em. Its all foreign and they can go feck themselves. No fecking way I is going to take me original doc an risk some fecking foreign **** steeling them when I'm chillin' wiv like minded. And wot if they woz get wet, wot then? Will they give us new? Will the feck. I on databases ear, that dos it.

Nah, mate, feck 'em. Its all foreign and they can go feck themselves. No fecking way I is going to take me original doc an risk some fecking foreign **** steeling them when I'm chillin' wiv like minded. And wot if they woz get wet, wot then? Will they give us new? Will the feck. I on databases ear, that dos it.
Very eloquently put.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom