Iceland just got even more expensive!

Last time I visited it was around £900 quid for one way with bike. Outside cabin with meals. Luckily I was taking a bike there so wasn't paying. I got caught for speeding but got let off.

I first visited in 2010 sailing from Dk and stopping off 4 days in the Faroes before the tourist boom and had a great trip which was expensive but the costs were bearable. The last time I was there 4 years ago everything cost a fortune, Reykjavik was packed, the blue lagoon was booked solid though we finally got in at 10pm for £100 (a luxury hotel was being built alongside which is now finished and you can stay for about £1000 a night) and many of the locals were fed up with tourists.
Its nice when its not raining but when you weigh up where else there is to go in the world for a lot less money it's easy to conclude Iceland is expensive, wet and a rip off. Just imho of course.

Booked Hirsthals to Seydisfjordur on 6-8-24 and Seydisfjordur - Hirtshals on 24-8-24, 3 adults, 3 bikes, 3person inside cabin, all meals, for £3079 total.
App 15% price increase since my last trip in 2017 when I travelled alone and had to share a cabin with 3 strangers.

Booked Hirsthals to Seydisfjordur on 6-8-24 and Seydisfjordur - Hirtshals on 24-8-24, 3 adults, 3 bikes, 3person inside cabin, all meals, for £3079 total.
App 15% price increase since my last trip in 2017 when I travelled alone and had to share a cabin with 3 strangers.
Zwerver!! There's a blast from the past. Inspired my first trip to Norway in 2005. Hope you are well. (y)

Seems like a good price that. :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom