ABS pump 😞

MadDog

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I'm new here and hoping someone can help. I have a 2007 GS ADV and the brake failure has come on. After a service from BMW they told me the ABS pump needed replacing for a huge amount of money. Now I know this is a fairly common problem and I have heard the pump should be serviceable to get going again I'm using the bike for a 2 week trip next month so thinking it's a good idea to get done now. If anyone can recommend any mechanics who may be able to help that would be appreciated I'm in the Herts Cambs area. Thanks for reading

2007 should be later ABSII unit,

Or is your bike a 2006 that has been late registered? that way it could have ABSI mega money !! :(

get it to a good indy and get them to run there GS911 over it, and give you some balanced advice

Steptoe is at the top of the A3, highly reccomended & highly respected !

Seek out MotoScott on this forum He has a ride in ride out ( a few hours later ) Solution
Do NOT thump the ABS motor housing with a hammer!!!! As some loons have suggested on here and other forums

santa ABS II was the system fitted to bikes prior to basically prior to 2003 Non Servo and non linked

I "think" the current system is Evolution IV or V of integral braking

It's a 57 luckily I've heard the earlier ones cost a shed load ����

I'm pretty close to caddington will give them a call on Monday and see if motoscot can help.
Thanks ��

Seek out MotoScott on this forum He has a ride in ride out ( a few hours later ) Solution
Do NOT thump the ABS motor housing with a hammer!!!! As some loons have suggested on here and other forums

santa ABS II was the system fitted to bikes prior to basically prior to 2003 Non Servo and non linked

I "think" the current system is Evolution IV or V of integral braking

Yes appologies, what i meant to say was

Pre Aug 2006 is I-ABS generation 1 Post Aug 2006 is I-ABS Generation 2

No apology needed young feller we just can't be misleading these whippersnappers
PassThePeppermintsPleaseTheresAGoodLad

Back
Top Bottom