Why don't my routes download first time of asking?

Lord Snooty

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I often have to download a custom route to my 660 three or four times before it shows in the Custom Route choice. I get the message saying the route has been downloaded successfully but then after disconnecting the USB lead, putting the battery cover back on, powering up etc do I then find it us not there so I have to repeat the whole tedious process again and again before it finally shows up.

Anybody else have this issue? Any way of resolving it?

Last time I had similar bother with my 550 I put the routes on an SD card then imported them to the unit that way, rather than through the USB port

Any way of resolving it?

There are two possible causes for the difficulty you are having.

1) You might be downloading the routes from BaseCamp (the current Garmin route creation program) to the 660. The 660 is not 100% compatible with BaseCamp. The solution to this problem is to either create and download the routes using MapSource (the route creation program of choice from the previous century), or, create the routes in BaseCamp, then select the route and 'copy' it (using the Windows copy command), and then paste the route into MapSource. Now, download it to your 660 using MapSource.

2) The other possible problem is that you might have a SD card in your 660, and when you download the routes, they are being downloaded to the SD card inside your 660 rather than the internal memory of the device itself. To transfer the newly-downloaded routes from your SD card into the device (so you can then use them for navigation), power up the 660, press the TOOLS button on the main screen, select USER DATA (you'll have to hit the down arrow once to see the USER DATA icon), then select IMPORT ROUTES. Once you have done that, you can import the routes you have just downloaded from the SD card into the device, then use those routes for navigation.

Hope this helps you,

Michael

I often have to download a custom route to my 660 three or four times before it shows in the Custom Route choice. I get the message saying the route has been downloaded successfully but then after disconnecting the USB lead, putting the battery cover back on, powering up etc do I then find it us not there so I have to repeat the whole tedious process again and again before it finally shows up.

Anybody else have this issue? Any way of resolving it?

Did you get this sorted ? I was having a lot of issues loading routes until I did a factory reset, now they always appear first time and load correctly.

Back
Top Bottom