Africa Twin farkles list

Looking to make one of those.. Do you have a link for the cheaper one on eBay? Ta

Not sure i'm afraid. Its a BMW Cradle for the Nav IV and V

just got the nav 5 bracket to fit..does it fit above the speedo straight onto the bar? where did you pick up the 12v feed? cheers,
Steve

just got the nav 5 bracket to fit..does it fit above the speedo straight onto the bar? where did you pick up the 12v feed? cheers,
Steve

Someone did mention when I asked previously that there is a four cable connection tied up in that area for such items you can either get the plug [Sumitomo HW 090 Series 4 Way Pin Female Connector Socket] or tap into the cabling for switched power

I wrote this up when looking into power options. If you have done some searching already, it'll make sense. Bike currently at Honda being put together so no live pics. I have connected all the connectors bought from rugged roads. Easy as and Honda are happy with it. I sat down with their tech and the tech manager and handed over all my gubbins from the GS that I am transferring and explained where, what I wanted. They were even happy to use my own supplied 12v waterproof plug (£2,49) that I used on the GS instead of making me pay the £50 for a Honda USB. They also agreed that they would power the sat nav from the fairing connector, plug the fog light switch into it the same connector but just change the fog light connector so that it could also use the fairing plug. They agreed that they would not use a sub loom and connector to do this as that would just add another £45 to the parts list. Hope the file is useful to someone

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ea2pjvtbba7l7s3/Connecting the AT power.docx?dl=0&m=

few more bits added. Full Termi still isn't loud enough for me..... may have to go the SC Project route (if it works with Rugged Roads crash bars)

Attachments

• 22405521_10159524184890341_1291172269475206686_n.jpg
    22405521_10159524184890341_1291172269475206686_n.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 699
Someone did mention when I asked previously that there is a four cable connection tied up in that area for such items you can either get the plug [Sumitomo HW 090 Series 4 Way Pin Female Connector Socket] or tap into the cabling for switched power

I think theres a switched live under the seat, i would take this option because the connector behind the clocks is a fooker to get too, side fairings off, front cowling off, i cannot understand why honda have made things so hard to get access to, I've stripped all the front plastics off to fit this plug and wire up 12v plug and oe fog switch.

Sw motech crash bars
Sw motech sump guard
Bark busters
Batzen screen adjuster
Sw motech extended rack
Sw motech givi top box adapter (quick release)
Givi trekker top box
Ultimate addons phone case and ram mount
That’s about it
Forgot stainless Remus :D
Oh also forgot baglux tank cover

few more bits added. Full Termi still isn't loud enough for me..... may have to go the SC Project route (if it works with Rugged Roads crash bars)

I'll buy the system off you, worth £400 of anyone's hard earned £.... 😉

I think theres a switched live under the seat, i would take this option because the connector behind the clocks is a fooker to get too, side fairings off, front cowling off, i cannot understand why honda have made things so hard to get access to, I've stripped all the front plastics off to fit this plug and wire up 12v plug and oe fog switch.

There is a 6 pin plug under the pillion seat that is used for the alarm, it has ground, permanent live and ign live. If you check the rugged roads website you will find the plug that you need (6 terminal)

I'll buy the system off you, worth £400 of anyone's hard earned £....

Have you tried it with the original headers and cat with just a 'Stubby'?....:green gri

It's grown on me! I think I can live with the DB level, if I get that deep rumble to go along with it, I think a smaller silencer would be tinny (er)

Hopefully I'll have the new screen I ordered from TTUK in my mitts soon (It's only taken nearly 7 weeks so far :rolleyes:). It's the (bloody expensive) tinted medium screen which falls perfectly between the oe screen and the MRA sports screen I've been using (2" either way), so fingers crossed it will give me better protection with no buffeting.

Back
Top Bottom