New Z900RS

With 70’s style 4 into 4.........paint job and panels....

Now that's better....funny how when I was younger it was quite normal to bin the original zorsts and fit a 4 into 1 but now with this new Zed I prefer the 4 zorsts.I remember going to Steve Harris of Harris performance fame and getting him to make a 4 into 1 system for my Z1000ST as at that time they were too new for anyone to have made a system for them.

Kimbo

Edit: sorry Snelly :D

Probably grind the shit out of those pipes on the first corner.

Stick a Motad on it :thumb2

Now that's better....funny how when I was younger it was quite normal to bin the original zorsts and fit a 4 into 1 but now with this new Zed I prefer the 4 zorsts.I remember going to Steve Harris of Harris performance fame and getting him to make a 4 into 1 system for my Z1000ST as at that time they were too new for anyone to have made a system for them.

Kimbo

Edit: sorry Snelly :D

Nowt to be sorry for; i took my GS 1000S to codnor light fabrications to have them make a 4 into 1 for it; that pipe became the Alpha 41 when it went on the market;
I also swapped my original 4 pipes on my Z1B for a Devil 4 into one;:beerjug:

Fitted an Alpha 2-1 onto my CX500 ( Hey it was about 1983 ) .........what a feckin' great exhaust that was !! Gladly put an Alpha on my Z900RS Cafe ( OE is a great sounding silencer, mind )

Attachments

• BMW G310GS_4.12.2020 (2).JPG
    BMW G310GS_4.12.2020 (2).JPG
    203.5 KB · Views: 312
Loving mine

Wry few useful farkles on the market. I’ve just done sensible stuff like a fenda extenda, yoshimura rad grille cover and a small tank bag for butties and a brew

Attachments

• D99BB7C0-D612-4C2A-9275-A8A1EC061285.jpg
    D99BB7C0-D612-4C2A-9275-A8A1EC061285.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 266
I love these bikes but how effective is the handlebar fairing on the RS?

I love these bikes but how effective is the handlebar fairing on the RS?

Apparently not very, lots of folks have also put aftermarket fairings like the chic design road comet on the naked model but apparently they are more for looks too

I’ve got the naked version and find that the air flow is actually very good, I think the dual clocks act as a mini fairing and you get nice clean air

Give one a try, they are great even at speed

Apparently not very, lots of folks have also put aftermarket fairings like the chic design road comet on the naked model but apparently they are more for looks too

I’ve got the naked version and find that the air flow is actually very good, I think the dual clocks act as a mini fairing and you get nice clean air

Give one a try, they are great even at speed

Thanks, to be honest, I like the RS but to my eyes, the naked version looks the best! Now all I have to do is wait out the lockdown and try and get a test ride!

New Z900 RS SE for 2022 with Ohlins etc

a511d62848fe4e8d32ec4fac584a4af8.jpg

c9bc729f5138100ea0d0328d946d4e20.jpg

b61b0cdd11f6568a523c2952ca1c1ce4.jpg

More info here.

They’ve cheated a bit on the forks, they’re anodized gold and apparently tweaked but they’re still the Kawasaki units (Kayaba I think) not ohlins

The ohlins back shock would be nice to have especially for the remote preload adjuster and the brembo caliper should be good too

Having said that I’m still loving my “normal” Z900rs, it’s a brilliant bike, the standard suspension is plenty good enough and the Kawasaki branded radial brakes are excellent :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom