We are home - eventually

Grumpy Lee

Ex Supported Member
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just so that you all know, Mrs GL and myself had a wonderful (wet) time and are now home enjoying the sunshine :)

Unfortunately the GS+sidecar are still on holiday in Helmstedt. After finding out we were on the homeward leg, it started crying through the final drive thingy bit making loads of noise and then shed oily tears all over the floor by the petrol pump.

Despite the best efforts of Axa Assistance we managed to arrive home about 01:00 this morning (Sun) after breaking down about 12:15 Friday. Bike to follow later (not a hope for Beaulieu then :( )

Full story may follow later (if I can be 4rsed)

Top marks to Greg for a wonderful trip (he's not the God we thought though, as the weather was mostly shite - except when we weren't riding much i.e. on a ferry or 20 miles to cover in one day - so note for (if) next time, must try harder :D :D :D )

Lee/Linda,

Sorry to have missed you at Kassel - particularly as the hotel had free mini-bars. Never mind, we drank yours!

:beer:

Glad that you're both home safely!

Greg

Just in case anyone is remotely interested in the fate of my outfit, I had a call this afternoon and it has decided to extend it's sojourn in Helmstedt and will be returning home (hopefully) on the 28th.

We will then be doing the reconstructive surgery required to enable it to come out and play with the big boys again :D

And you could have had my spare wheel bearing for free:confused: :confused: :confused:

Glad you're both safely back

Tim

timolgra said:
And you could have had my spare wheel bearing for free:confused: :confused: :confused:

Glad you're both safely back

Tim

Isn't hind-sight wonderful. Yes, I should have changed it when we thought it could be that - could probably have got away with the original seal as well!!!!!!!!!!!

Such is life - full of decisions (usually the wrong ones in my case :( )

timolgra said:
And you could have had my spare wheel bearing for free

Tim

You did'nt dare to leave home without it?

Two Norwegians went to Russia some years ago; they planed to go around the globe far north.
One of the bikes, BMW, needed a new wheel bearing, and they got one from a local farmer - it was for his tractor! Same size, same type! :)

Cheers!

:) Liv.

I changed my wheel and paralever bearings three months ago. The spares weren't for me.

Mind you I could have got a good price for it this time last week;)

Cheers Liv. BTW Basil fancies you;)

OH!
Timolgra felt down a well!

... you're not hiding, Timolgra? Don't be afraid; I'm maaaany miles away! ...this week...
:moped:

;) Liv.

Top tip Liv ;) Talk with Tim about bondage, you'll have to beat him off with a stick :D

(OK, Woody, I'll give it a try. )

Helloooo Tim!
I got some long luggage straps, black and yelllow, wery long; -do you want me to throw one end down the well for you?
:angel Don't be afraid!

(OK, Woody; -do you think he's coming up from the well now?)

;) Liv.

Back
Top Bottom