Attendees ...

Sounds like a plan alright Simon :thumb

Bloody hell ... that's dedication for ya :beerjug:

You're just just after some more of Sue's fruit cake aint ya :drool

Don't worry about sending a tent up ahead ... I'll bring one for you, a sleeping mat and sleeping bag too. You might have to put it up though :D

I'll be up there Tuesday Wednesday until the Monday for sure. We can probably arrange for someone to collect you from the station if required :thumb

See you there :thumb

:beerjug:

Edit ... yes, bring walking boots, we'll take Miss Milly a walk :thumb
Thats really helpful Micky and very much appreciated, i'll touch base with you closer to the time to finalise details - I'm up for the walk from Dent station - walking is my new pastime lacking motorised GS assistance, and the trundle in should just loosen the legs enough to earn a pint at the Sun Inn - i was considering walking in from Ribblesdale if the weather's favourable i think its only about 5 hours, thanks again for the offer and assistance - greatly appreciated and it helps as i'll be travelling light.
....maybe i can rig up the panniers instead of the rucksack and pretend i'm on the bike - i could make brum brum noises coming over the hills making sure to avoid the ditches of course! :beerjug:

Can you put me down for camping Micky, i'm still not allowed to drive/ride with my eyesight so i'm working on a plan to get the train to Dent station and walk to Dent from there, i think it's only about 5 miles so an easy jaunt over the dales, i will likely come up on Thursday 17th - i plan to send my tent on ahead and have it delivered to the campsite office the week before so i don't have to carry it, (what can possibly go wrong...) and see if i can arrange for someone in a wobbly box to take it home with them and send it back to me after the meet - sounds like a plan... obviously not being on wheels i'm bring walking boots!! :beerjug:

Hi Simon,
Hope you're doing OK. It may not be your thing, but I'd be more than happy to take you as a pillion if you fancied a ride out.

Steve

Can you put me down for camping Micky, i'm still not allowed to drive/ride with my eyesight so i'm working on a plan to get the train to Dent station and walk to Dent from there, i think it's only about 5 miles so an easy jaunt over the dales, i will likely come up on Thursday 17th - i plan to send my tent on ahead and have it delivered to the campsite office the week before so i don't have to carry it, (what can possibly go wrong...) and see if i can arrange for someone in a wobbly box to take it home with them and send it back to me after the meet - sounds like a plan... obviously not being on wheels i'm bring walking boots!! :beerjug:
Hi Simon, really glad that you going to try and make it.
I can't commit just yet for work reasons, but as you know I live local
If I can help in anyway just ask. More than hapy to pick you up/drop you off etc.
I've tons of good quality camping gear if you would rather borrow than post.
Like I say, anything to help.
Paul.

Hi Simon, really glad that you going to try and make it.
I can't commit just yet for work reasons, but as you know I live local
If I can help in anyway just ask. More than hapy to pick you up/drop you off etc.
I've tons of good quality camping gear if you would rather borrow than post.
Like I say, anything to help.
Paul.

Hi Paul - really kind offer, i'll keep you posted with my plans, i'm doing heaps of walking now, but if the weather's lashing a lift might be the way forward.. :beerjug:

Thats really helpful Micky and very much appreciated, i'll touch base with you closer to the time to finalise details - I'm up for the walk from Dent station - walking is my new pastime lacking motorised GS assistance, and the trundle in should just loosen the legs enough to earn a pint at the Sun Inn - i was considering walking in from Ribblesdale if the weather's favourable i think its only about 5 hours, thanks again for the offer and assistance - greatly appreciated and it helps as i'll be travelling light.
....maybe i can rig up the panniers instead of the rucksack and pretend i'm on the bike - i could make brum brum noises coming over the hills making sure to avoid the ditches of course! :beerjug:

Do you need the tent dropping off a week earlier just in case :augie :D

Hi,

Could you please add me to the list ?
I have a 1200 GSA but will be travelling down on my trusty old Africa Twin.
Be my first event with UKGSer so be gentle. :D

I will be travelling down with Steve T and Neil and will be camping.

Cheers

Hi,

Cheers

Good man!

Hi,

Cheers

Put you on the list with Steve T and Neil :thumb

We'll be gentle with ya ;)

Cheers
Glad you finally aligned the planets and gotyer sh1te sorted :D

So, you is wandering sarf with me & eldest - you do remeber we is leaving on the Thursday? We'll take it slow so's you don't blow yer new engine :eek: :thumb. Specially Eldest on his 1200 tractor :thumby:

Best I get saving for some knobblies - looks like a gadgy from Cambridge wants my machine, which will leave me with Eldest "old" 800 Trophy, which is on Tourances - not good on the trails round Dent . . . . . . though I have down quite few with them fitted to my old @ :augie

Talk soon,

SteveT

:cool:

PS - Micky - can you arrange for a pitch in the snorrerrs field for Lowflyer. He NEVER hears a thing - everybody else, of course, does :blast

PS - Micky - can you arrange for a pitch in the snorrerrs field for Lowflyer. He NEVER hears a thing - everybody else, of course, does :blast

I'm rather afraid it's every man for himself (or woman for herself) :blast

We do have a 'snorers corner' .... it's on the other campsite t'other side o' village :D

. . .We do have a 'snorers corner' .... it's on the other campsite t'other side o' village :D

He and I have used that field (refuse to call it a campsite) - neither of us will be rushing bach to it.

Oh well, ear plugs it is then :rolleyes:

SteveT

He and I have used that field (refuse to call it a campsite) - neither of us will be rushing bach to it.

Oh well, ear plugs it is then :rolleyes:

SteveT

Mick, who owns that 'campsite', frequents the Sun Inn, wanted to know why I didn't use his site, because he's cheaper than Margarets 'High Laning'. It didn't take me long to explain a few facts of life ;)

High Laning is pretty big enough for you to find a quiet corner :D

Mick, who owns that 'campsite', frequents the Sun Inn, wanted to know why I didn't use his site, because he's cheaper than Margarets 'High Laning'. It didn't take me long to explain a few facts of life ;)

High Laning is pretty big enough for you to find a quiet corner :D

Price of everthing; value of nowt kind of guy; I presume; we're all reet wi what we av; thanks.:beerjug::beerjug:

Glad you finally aligned the planets and gotyer sh1te sorted :D

So, you is wandering sarf with me & eldest - you do remeber we is leaving on the Thursday? We'll take it slow so's you don't blow yer new engine :eek: :thumb. Specially Eldest on his 1200 tractor :thumby:

Best I get saving for some knobblies - looks like a gadgy from Cambridge wants my machine, which will leave me with Eldest "old" 800 Trophy, which is on Tourances - not good on the trails round Dent . . . . . . though I have down quite few with them fitted to my old @ :augie

Talk soon,

SteveT

Oi matey,

I have feelings you know :rolleyes:
Anyways, I only snore when I've been on the Famous Grouse

Apparently :confused:

I shall bring down a bottle of Tamnavulin

That should do the trick :thumb

Back
Top Bottom