700 Tenere

Although the power numbers don't seem earth shattering, I test-rode the MT-07 and the engine was an absolute hoot. As long as they haven't tuned it too differently I'd expect it to be a lot of fun.

And yes, between this, the KTM, the Triumph and the Guzzi there could be some really interesting bikes around right across the spectrum of serious off road ability to pretty look-a-like. Something for everyone.

Having seen the production KTM 790 Adv (boy is it ugly), I think the Ténéré 700 is pretty good, as long as they price it right, a good back to basics trail/adv tourer. Shame they didn’t give it cruise though, as most large cc Yamaha’s, now seem to come with it.

Having seen the production KTM 790 Adv (boy is it ugly), I think the Ténéré 700 is pretty good, as long as they price it right, a good back to basics trail/adv tourer. Shame they didn’t give it cruise though, as most large cc Yamaha’s, now seem to come with it.

Don’t think it’s bad

a40ff922c377f9e4f2f42d91508c1582.jpg

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I not a fan of the separate headlight cowl area and the pointy radiator/fuel tank area, thought it would’ve been better if it was more like their Dakar bikes. I know they make some great bikes, but I think KTM styling is a bit odd, well in my eyes it is!

One Trumpet is 200mm each end, the other is 250mm each end.

205Kgs dry for the low one and 207 for the high rise. So around 230Kgs wet with a full tank, oil etc.

I think the T7 is going to be very successful if Yamaha are sensible with the price, not sure I’d buy one as it’s a bit too basic, but that’s what a lot of people want. It’s a true go anywhere bike at a reasonable price (hopefully around the £7.5 to £8k range), so with heated grips, crash bars and panniers you could be ready to go for under £9k. At least it comes with great all round tyres.

I think it would be a good move by Yamaha if they made a SP T7 with Ohlins, thicker rally style seat and a full ti exhaust system.

Ktm is ugly imho, but is going to be the best performer as wet it’ll be about the same weight (but lower c of g) as the T7 but have about 20hp more and much better suspension. It’ll also be rather more expensive I would imagine.

I like the basic style of the xt660z that I have , simple to work on and reliable .
It hauls all my camping kit quite well . If I was going to head of on a RTW , I would not even consider my 1200 GSA . If they don't pitch the ££ I think it will be one I will have in due course .

When you look at the price of the MT-07, at £6492 and the Tracer 700 is around £7442, I can’t see why the T7 shouldn’t be in the price range of around £7500 ish. Somehow I don’t expect it will be, but if it was, I think it would be very successful.

Should be a reliable bike
The weights a bummer , hopefully it should be reflected in the price

Yamaha’s tend be a bit plasticky, but you ain’t going to get top quality if it’s a relatively budget bike, compared to BMW/KTM/Triumph. Still think at the right price, it will be a cracking bike.

Now how about a Super Ténéré 900, using the MT-09 engine, with all the gadgets the GS/Tiger/KTM get, to replace the current ageing 1200 Super T?

Yamaha’s tend be a bit plasticky, but you ain’t going to get top quality if it’s a relatively budget bike, compared to BMW/KTM/Triumph. Still think at the right price, it will be a cracking bike.

Now how about a Super Ténéré 900, using the MT-09 engine, with all the gadgets the GS/Tiger/KTM get, to replace the current ageing 1200 Super T?

heavier than the KTM, near as much as the GS850 and only 70BHP best be giving it away if its to be a winner :)

Amazing what a graphic design can achieve, to the look of a bike. Pretty cool designs.

Attachments

• 47E15A70-55F3-41A0-B3F5-AEBA89A489A2.jpg
    47E15A70-55F3-41A0-B3F5-AEBA89A489A2.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 1,195
  • 6C6CDF2C-9142-4CF7-B399-747ED9121332.jpg
    6C6CDF2C-9142-4CF7-B399-747ED9121332.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 1,485
  • 2C5AC525-3D0B-4EF3-BE1B-8A26D7FED342.jpeg
    2C5AC525-3D0B-4EF3-BE1B-8A26D7FED342.jpeg
    235.1 KB · Views: 1,065
Great designs by Rubberdust.com, I think a like the 2nd and 3rd designs best, particularly the 2nd with the high mounted front mudguard. :cool:

3rd gear wheelies in the sand sounds promising....still no price tag yet ?
Surely its got to be below 8k

i seen both at the eicma and went with the yamaha being the 1 i would probably order. After viewing both i came home and ordered the 790r.
yamaha has the looks, but very dated feeling and cheap looking everywhere, definitely built to a budget. Plus a big downside for me was the welded subframe, small fall or panniers taking an impact will write bike off, not good enough for an adventure type bike in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom