700 Tenere

About 4K miles now Clifton.

I bought it last August but due to Covid and various lockdowns I haven’t had the opportunity to use it much until now.

Good for you that's almost double what I have.

As my Tenere 700 has gone to live elsewhere I have various accessories for sale.
Some new and never fitted and some that were only on the bike for a few miles.
All listed in the bike related items for sale.
Plus there’s a Garmin Montana, a mount for it and a couple of genuine map SD Cards. North America and Europe.

Okay. I'll play. :D

1) Very comfortable (for me) with 300-350 mile days easily possible. The ergonomics are just spot on.
2) Smooth and linear engine which picks up sweetly from tick-over particularly in the first few gears which is perfect when off road.
3) No over complicated tech. One push button to disable the abs and off you go.
4) Well proven and generally bulletproof Yamaha engine reliability.
5) Lowish cost to purchase compared to other competitors.
6) Feels very light and flickable to ride.
7) Looks!!!

Exactly sums up why I like mine. Gets better the more I ride it and suits my steady eddy riding pace to a tee.

2023 Tena Lady now gets TFT and wiring ready for quick shifter plus adjustable ABS

25daf73cc93f6aa26c65331eb8e3b498.jpg

And connectivity! Unfortunately still inner tube wheels and no cruise, Yamaha better hope Honda's new Transalp doesn't come with tubeless and cruise.

I tried it out after selling my XT660X Tenere. Apart from a complete redesign I found the lack of comfort in the seat and a similar riding position (yes mine was the motard and not large "R" wheels) almost identical in test ride, I bought a nearly new Super Tenere and love it.

got an offer on a new tenere. last blue one in Ireland was sold ex VRT so happy say my first new bike is on its way in next few days

got an offer on a new tenere. last blue one in Ireland was sold ex VRT so happy say my first new bike is on its way in next few days

I believe you'll enjoy it. Any thoughts on farkles for it yet?

I believe you'll enjoy it. Any thoughts on farkles for it yet?

list is as long as my arm

ill be broke for a while so ill do few basic items.

water pump guard and maybe set of Heavydruties.ro crash bars.

If you ride it a good bit on the road as I do (sitting) you might appreciate a more comfortable seat. For shorter rides and off road riding the stock works fine. Initially I felt the suspension was too harsh but after reducing the damping and getting 1,000 miles or so on it, it settled down nicely. At 190# I was barely able to set the sag by using max preload so I went the next size stiffer spring which really improved the ride.

If you ride it a good bit on the road as I do (sitting) you might appreciate a more comfortable seat. For shorter rides and off road riding the stock works fine. Initially I felt the suspension was too harsh but after reducing the damping and getting 1,000 miles or so on it, it settled down nicely. At 190# I was barely able to set the sag by using max preload so I went the next size stiffer spring which really improved the ride.

that's my plan. i didn't like the seat but i will try a "cool cover" first before spending ay major money

suspension id say will need springs but that be well into future until have good bit riding on it

for moment ill do few protection items in case of falls or drops

that's my plan. i didn't like the seat but i will try a "cool cover" first before spending ay major money

suspension id say will need springs but that be well into future until have good bit riding on it

for moment ill do few protection items in case of falls or drops

85Nm or 90Nm rear spring

Back
Top Bottom