LAKES AND MOUNTAINS: ITALY

Off to Garda next week
Gunning it down to the south of France.
Then 3 days to get to Malcesine
3 days relaxing around the lake then back up through Austria, Germany and back to France.
Booking.com definitely your friend

Off to Garda next week
Gunning it down to the south of France.
Then 3 days to get to Malcesine
3 days relaxing around the lake then back up through Austria, Germany and back to France.
Booking.com definitely your friend

There is a nice AIRBNB in Malcesine, enjoy lake Garda. Well worth going all the way round the lake.
There is nice route through Assiago to SAN Boldo Pass for your return journey on the way to Austria.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a nice AIRBNB in Malcesine, enjoy lake Garda. Well worth going all the way round the lake.
There is nice route through Assiago to SAN Boldo Pass for your return journey on the way to Austria.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many thanks

Will try to take in San Boldo

We are looking at this BMW trip in 2019

Now ... my wife and I have both traveled a lot on our bikes .... together and seperatly... planed and not planed rides .... and many years ago did a few of the BMW trips with Richard Harvey ( the original owner of BMW trips ).

We are concerned that the personal touch has been lost maybe with the new company taking it over....

One element that hasn’t mentioned is the meeting like minded people who ride ... now I’m not the most sociable person .. actually I can be a bit miserable... but I still enjoy a drink at the end of the day chatting about the ride.

I’ve no intention of riding all day in a group, and that was always what I liked about the other trips I’ve been on .... you can do as much or as little with them.

The post above sums it all up. Here we have someone who, by his own admission, is “a bit miserable” (having “no intention of riding with” any of the rest of the bods on the same holiday) but he wants their company in the evening when it suits him. Maybe they’ll be the reverse? That’ll test his and their ‘likemindedness’.

The post above sums it all up. Here we have someone who, by his own admission, is “a bit miserable” (having “no intention of riding with” any of the rest of the bods on the same holiday) but he wants their company in the evening when it suits him. Maybe they’ll be the reverse? That’ll test his and their ‘likemindedness’.

That was easy .... caught a big one with very little bait lol

Why are you so anti bike tours ?

See, it can be done.

Now you’ve done it, you’ll find it easier and easier the next times. That you’ve saved yourself a bucket load of cash, is the icing on the cake.

Do zoom in on the Kurviger routes. They sometimes take some VERY small roads, just for the sake of it. Roads that might make little sense if it’s lashing with rain, you’ve had a significant delay and the target is to get from A to B before bedtime. For instance, it sometimes routes you through a town, when the sensible route is probably to take the ring road. Similarly, it assiduously avoids all motorways, which is sometimes daft.

I know it's a bit late; but i've just cranked this thread up again. The boat on the lake; is a ferry ; and can you move up and down the lake aswell as across with the bike?

Back
Top Bottom