Best GS ever Poll

VOTE FOR THE BEST ....(ps In case of any doubts here's a clue ....Option 4 !)

• R80GS

Votes: 23 4.2%
  • R100GS

Votes: 30 5.4%
  • R850GS

Votes: 10 1.8%
  • R1100GS

Votes: 74 13.4%
  • R1150GS

Votes: 129 23.4%
  • R1150 ADVENTURE

Votes: 114 20.7%
  • Paris Dakar

Votes: 13 2.4%
  • R1200GS

Votes: 159 28.8%

• Total voters
1100GS in Red

There is only one GS, an 1100GS in Red, it's the best

Attachments

• p1010129.jpg
    p1010129.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 886
Re: 1100GS in Red

Gary Simon said:
There is only one GS, an 1100GS in Red, it's the best

thats far to shiney, take it out and get it dirty at once :p

I think the GS is a constantly evolving concept of a bike, comparing a R1200 to a R100 is like asking if your Grandad was a better man than you are, different era, different values, I've got no intention of changing for about 18 months, if then, however, one thought that crosses my mind; if somebody came up with a kit that would shed 30 kilos off all the R1150 GS's, how many of us wouldn't buy it??
That alone makes me think it'll be a great bike:cool:

BawdyMonk said:
I think the GS is a constantly evolving concept of a bike, comparing a R1200 to a R100 is like asking if your Grandad was a better man than you are, different era, different values,

Agree'd I remember when the GPZ900R was launched and the press and Kawasaki PR dept compared it to the original Z900 :confused: Trying to tell us that the GPZ could trace its development back to the Z, bollox, at least the 1200GS is a development of the flat twin.

I think BMW are extracting the urine by charging £235 extra if you want wire wheels as a factory fitted option.

Bob

paragon
if it takes just one thing to make the GS better off road it will be the 30kg weight loss.
richard

I've been thinking about this one for ages and can't decide!

Had a little experience of an R80 G/S.

Quite a lot with two R100GS's.

Own a R1150GSA.

They were/are brilliant bikes, each in it's own way.

OK. Getting off the fence, it has to be the one I own now, next week if I win the lottery(!!!) it might be one of those tricked up GS's above!:)

I don't like them at all.....they look funny, ride funny, and the people who ride them are all strange........my mum warned me about people like you lot

:p

Gotta say though, even though i've never fancied an air-head and have never seen the attraction.....I'd happily swap my DRZ for the one that Gecko posted way back in Jan '03 .......that's one sexy looking 'sikkle.....

attachment.php

Unless we've ridden everyone, I don't think any of us are qualified to vote on this subject ,but certainly on looks I agree with Fanum!!!

i have a 650 and an 1100....
but i still dream of the day somebody can find a way for me to get my feet on the floor on an 1150 adventure ...silver of course...
they are sooooo sexy .........especially with full touratech luggage
Arai tour x helmet........ Sidi Couriers (in size 5) and a suit just like Gazza's........oooohhh eerrrrr........

but i still dream of the day somebody can find a way for me to get my feet on the floor on an 1150 adventure

anything is possible with the application of money.

If you're happy enough to have reduced wheel travel and reduced cornering clearance , you could start off with a pair of custom built shocks, the correct spring / damping range with just a shorter body.

say 900 GBP ?

motomartin said:
anything is possible with the application of money.

If you're happy enough to have reduced wheel travel and reduced cornering clearance , you could start off with a pair of custom built shocks, the correct spring / damping range with just a shorter body.

i'll start saving then...any idea who would do the mods over here then????? pm me if you have the answers

say 900 GBP ?

Any GS is good, but for that lottery win situation:

Attachments

• flying2.jpg
    flying2.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 998
Ok - here it is the definitive opportunity to vote on wheich is the best GS ever. Put your votes where your heart lies

If it is definitive (highly unlikely) then why isn't the 12GS in the voting box options?

If you look at the date on which the poll was started, you will note that the 1200 was merely a glint in its designer's eye at that time..............

in my very humble opinion, the r850 GS I am buying. Not that I can compare it to any others, but simply because [when I can ride it- I broke my arm three days before I was due to sit my test, and had put a deposit on the bigger bike before that] it will be my bike. :)

SQD8R said:
If it is definitive (highly unlikely) then why isn't the 12GS in the voting box options?

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Attachments

• poll.gif
    poll.gif
    10.9 KB · Views: 752

Back
Top Bottom