Best GS ever Poll

VOTE FOR THE BEST ....(ps In case of any doubts here's a clue ....Option 4 !)

• R80GS

Votes: 23 4.2%
  • R100GS

Votes: 30 5.4%
  • R850GS

Votes: 10 1.8%
  • R1100GS

Votes: 74 13.4%
  • R1150GS

Votes: 129 23.4%
  • R1150 ADVENTURE

Votes: 114 20.7%
  • Paris Dakar

Votes: 13 2.4%
  • R1200GS

Votes: 159 28.8%

• Total voters
Now if someone could have produced a beak protector for the 1100 we wouldn't have needed an 1150,ADV or 1200!

For some reason numerous indications that I have added replies contiually over the last few days on this thread.Only one replied immediately after Geko.Trying this post to see if it cures it

best gs

ive had a gs for 3 years and had this adventure ror almost 1 year plusses and minuses for both can reach the floor better on the gs better rack on the adventure for example so i sit on the fence

CONDORPILOT said:
For some reason numerous indications that I have added replies contiually over the last few days on this thread.Only one replied immediately after Geko.Trying this post to see if it cures it

That was happening on another thread with a poll. I think its every time someone votes.

Dr Rich said:
That was happening on another thread with a poll. I think its every time someone votes.

Absolutely right........

I normally close a poll after it drops out of sight for a long while, just to prevent old and forgotten threads being dragged up buy some noob who's trawling through the back-issues, but this poll is more of an ongoing thing so it's been left open- but as you say, any new votes automatically bring the thread to the top even if there have been no new comments added.

Gecko said:
Which is the best GS ever.[/B]

Best for what the GS was originally intended for...global touring?

The early 80s R80 G/S with the Paris Dakar kit, then the R100 GS PD, then the oilheads.

The ElevenHundred truly captures the spirit of why the GS is where it's at...

gs0426c.jpg

Noticed you don't include the f650 GS. Is this an over-sight or cubic centermeter snobbery?
Hopefully it's not the later as this would confirm my suspicions that the GS is turning into the range rover style 4x4 of bikes and we all know what kind of people drive those.

Sean said:
Noticed you don't include the f650 GS. Is this an over-sight or cubic centermeter snobbery?
Hopefully it's not the later as this would confirm my suspicions that the GS is turning into the range rover style 4x4 of bikes and we all know what kind of people drive those.

You ARE joking - right ?

Personally I don't think the f650 classifies as a PROPER BMW any more than the C5 does.

:p

You're the sort of person I'm talking about!
I had the 1100gs for a few years before my big trip. When I came off it it was too heavy when fully loaded to pick up without unpacking it and on one occasion I got my leg trapped under the left side of the bike which was badly burnt on the exhaust.
The F650GS Dakar is much better suited to riders who intend to travel. It's lighter, easier to work on and and has more than enough power.
Alot of the newer GS riders simply enjoy the image it conveys and have no intention of going further than the nearest posing point. Just like the majority of 4x4 driver travel two miles a day on tarmac roads to pick the kids up from school.
Get a life mate and enjoy it. There's more to life than polishing your GS and reading about how great they are on forums.

I bet this poll would not be much different to one that asked - which GS do you currently own.

In about 5 years the best GS will obviously be the 1200 as it will have the largest ownership - quite rightly of course, cos it's better looking, faster and better handling than any of the previous models ;-)

Good shot Engineer. and reflected in the poll. Personaly, I've seen more R80's and f650's kicking about the globe than any other bike. Ten or fifteen years ago r80's and r100's were everywhere. The people who couldn't afford them got and XT600 or a bullit 350. More recently it's f650's.
But when you have a problem in Pakistan for example and the engineer only has a hammer, you start to understand that simplicity is key!
Now I'm off to find a Space Hopper forum and discuss the best ever space hopper and perhaps rattle a few more cages along the way.

phooey said:
You ARE joking - right ?

Personally I don't think the f650 classifies as a PROPER BMW any more than the C5 does.

:p

Whilst everyone is of course entitled to their opinion, I find yours bonkers. If you want to judge UKGSERs by the size of their cc or where you think the engine comes from, pls go elsewhere.

650 gs dakar or 1150 gs or 1100gs : as you can see al of them in the same class except for cc, this site for any gser. Please catch a wake-up!

This is an old poll!
previous polls have also missed out the F an R 650 GS models.

now whats all this about f series not a proper gs:cool:
ask pavey, Plumb,Schalber,etc

as i say happy GS"ing whatever you have:beer:

Jeremy said:
Whilst everyone is of course entitled to their opinion, I find yours bonkers. If you want to judge UKGSERs by the size of their cc or where you think the engine comes from, pls go elsewhere.

Jeremy,

I am not judging bikers by the CC of thier engine.

I ride a 600 as well as the GS. - And its a great bike.

I just wondered who would bite.....

Fair enough mate, that's good enough for me, just taking the hook out of my gob. It was actually a thread that started on Trevors f650 site where I defended this site against any sort of bias (apart from the black GSA's are faster one). :)

that’s cos you is old and wearing rose coloured specs :blast

It's a special edition. One of the last made, has character with adequate performance.
It ticks the boxes for me and keeps me going back to it.
For what it's worth I bought a WC GS1200 in 2013 and never gelled with it, despite it being
a competent bike I got bored and found it a bit souless. I then bought a 2009
1200GS ADV. This was better and lasted a year before getting rid. It was OK and that's all
I can say about it. I bought the 1100 on here for a snip, out of curiosity more than anything
and ended up loving it. If I want to go as fast or faster than the 1200's I've got something
else in my garage that satisfies that need. Each to their own and all that.:thumb

Back
Top Bottom