Best GS ever Poll

VOTE FOR THE BEST ....(ps In case of any doubts here's a clue ....Option 4 !)

• R80GS

Votes: 23 4.2%
  • R100GS

Votes: 30 5.4%
  • R850GS

Votes: 10 1.8%
  • R1100GS

Votes: 74 13.4%
  • R1150GS

Votes: 129 23.4%
  • R1150 ADVENTURE

Votes: 114 20.7%
  • Paris Dakar

Votes: 13 2.4%
  • R1200GS

Votes: 159 28.8%

• Total voters

Gecko

Reaction score
Ok - here it is the definitive opportunity to vote on wheich is the best GS ever. Put your votes where your heart lies

Bit of a pointless exercise, unless you've owned more than 1 different GS'es.......although, naturally, the Adv is the best:D

MikeO

Just to stir up the soul - here's a couple of juicy pics of some of the older contenders in the poll. Is the Adventure really better ?

Attachments

• hpn r80gs.jpg
    hpn r80gs.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 8,553
Gecko said:
Just to stir up the soul - here's a couple of juicy pics of some of the older contenders in the poll. Is the Adventure really better ?

Attachments

• hpn2  r80gs.jpg
    hpn2 r80gs.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 7,861
Trouble is Gecko - your average HPN BMW Boxer is out of most our leagues - price wise.

JohnnyBoxer said:
Trouble is Gecko - your average HPN BMW Boxer is out of most our leagues - price wise.

Yeah I know but you gotta love them anyway :eyebrow

My fav's are the 11's...

pggs.jpg

This one's going to be a single seat road leagal mud plugger when finished

rog1.jpg

rog2.jpg

rog3.jpg

errr

being not nearly old enuff to remember the R80

apart from seeing them on dakar anniversary thing :D

ill go for 1150 hehe

i'll go for any oil head or 650GS in Dakar colours of course. Tried the R80gs too boring:duck:

Mud Plugger :cool:

Attachments

• gates.jpg
    gates.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 6,620
That's an interesting photo gauloises, what 's the story behind it?

For me, meeting the late, great JD and seeing his bike after the Dakar introduced me to the only bike I would have swopped mine for at that time.
Pointless trying to have a poll on which model is the best, best at what, being an all rounder? As they have evolved the GS has become less of an all rounder, due to bulk and weight, therefore the Adventure comes out worst.:duck: Fight it out amongst the rest of you as to which is the best.
Tim

I like them all

can´t afford one of each and don´t have the space, but with my R100GS and the R1150GS, adventure or not, that I would like to buy in a few months, that will be me sorted....

I wont sell my airhead, they are not boring, especially where the going gets tough or twisty...

of course if i was offered anything by HPN....

gauloises said:
i'll go for any oil head or 650GS in Dakar colours of course. Tried the R80gs too boring:duck:

Mud Plugger :cool:

This was taken at the Belgium International GS Rally easter 2002. You don't have to go as far as Japan to find crazy people who will ride their GS anywhere in anything :beer:

Attachments

• 1150 mud plug.jpg
    1150 mud plug.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 6,299
Sleepy
The pic was from the BAKA 12 hour endurance event
heres another ukGSer entrant :p
I'm Number 39 :D

Attachments

• baka 12.jpg
    baka 12.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 6,284
Yikes !!

these guys are going out on a 12 hour endurance race wearing floppy hats !!!!

Effin loonies

I'm with the Adv rider boys - "all the gear, ALL the time"!

Re: Some missing gs'es in the vote.

Zwerver said:
- R80 G/S
- R80 G/S Paris Dakar
- R100 GS Paris Dakar
- R65 GS

The best GS? The one you ride on!

Yeah OK you have a point but an R80 PD or anR100 PD is still and R80 or an R100 so I concede to fogetting the R65 GS ...I'm not that old !!!
I agree the best is the one I ride on :beer: Prost !!

Re: Yikes !!

snodog said:
these guys are going out on a 12 hour endurance race wearing floppy hats !!!!

Effin loonies

I'm with the Adv rider boys - "all the gear, ALL the time"!

Actually I remember one trip when I left my helmet liner and ear plugs at home (and Johnny B was nowhere in sight) that I got this ringing in my ears and tremendous helmet itch that if I had been asked to choose between riding straight into a tree or riding another hour I´d have gone for the tree - this guy is probably a useless twat like me and forgot everything...

great photos in this thread though. Paul now that we are inside your garage, that blue suit on the wall is that what you wear when you eat Marmite, are they Marmite stains? Sick really sick.....

Back
Top Bottom