TYRES

Richj302

Reaction score
HI,

Thinking about changing the tyres on my 2014 LC 1200 GS, There seems to be a wideish choice, just wondered if anyone had any good or bad experiences with Michelins especially the new 5 or metzlers,especially the 01 ? I don't do any off road and not worried about the appearance, just best adhesion really.

Conti Trail Attack 2 take some beating. Same carcass and compound technology as Road Attacks.

At the budget end try Avon Trail Rider.

You mention the new Michelin Road 5..

I fitted a pair of these to my '07 1200 GSA before my recent jaunt through 23 European/Asian countries.. which covered everything from Autobahns to unintentional dirt roads.
My thinking was that almost any tyre would be reasonably good in hot, dry conditions, but which tyre would give me the most confidence in cold, wet conditions? Which is why I chose the Road 5.. well, according to Michelin, they were supreme in the wet!
The only doubtful moments were on a few roundabouts in Albania, on very hot days. The front end seemed to slip away a little when I was fully cranked over, which gave my poor heart a bit of a flutter. On reflection, I put this down to the ever present danger of diesel spill on roundabouts. Unless anyone else has the same experiences?
After 8,000 miles, the tyres were still performing beautifully in the wet, and there is 2.5mm of tread left on the front, and 3.0mm on the rear.. I am really impressed :thumb2

Attachments

• P1010063.jpg
    P1010063.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 348
  • P1010062.jpg
    P1010062.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 396
Have A41,s 4000 miles in still plenty of tread left stick pretty well prefer them to the previous noisy Anakee 3

Back
Top Bottom