Windy roads is sh1t on Garmin. I’m going Tom Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. You've made your point dear, the op put this in the wrong section. I'm sure he's taken on board the massive offence this must have caused you.
Please accept my most humble apologies too for simply replying to him, instead of shunning him and his first born, and maybe the one after that.

Now back the thread......Garmin. They're a bit shit aren't they? Discuss........

Ps you've spelt Tomtom wrong. Christ what is wrong with you people?! I'm incandescent with rage, and just a little bit hard too......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:jes:jes:jes:jes

I’m not quite getting winding roads on the GPS.

My use of the bike mainly falls into two camps

1. Those rides you just do like going to work, that after work clear the cobwebs and those journeys you’ve done before and perfected over time.
2. A trip, something that is thought about in advance, a day off a few days off etc... on these I find myself thinking about the route before I get on the bike, by the time I’m ready to go my route is known.

I get things like kirviger because that helps with the thinking about which route and they provide a good starting point.

I like the Montana GPS because you set it up the way you want and can have different profiles and configurations.

BTW is this a badged or debadge tacticle thread

I’m not quite getting winding roads on the GPS.....

BTW is this a badged or debadge tacticle thread

The windy roads button option is all about bods demanding to be told where (and along which wiggly / windy roads) to ride by a box of widgets. They want to have no more input into the process than pushing a button on their expensive BMW branded GPS devices. They don’t like the suggestion that the box of widgets throws up, so they are going to buy a different box of widgets. That’s as tech tac as it gets.

The windy roads button option is all about bods demanding to be told where (and along which wiggly / windy roads) to ride by a box of widgets. They want to have no more input into the process than pushing a button on their expensive BMW branded GPS devices. They don’t like the suggestion that the box of widgets throws up, so they are going to buy a different box of widgets. That’s as tech tac as it gets.

Don't be silly, as per page 1 motorcycling is freedom and planning a route is not 'living the dream', the new Tomtom widgets are the best and it sounds like it will blow your theory away.:blast

Freedom????

I'll give you my technical analysis on ownership of the NAV VI: You know when you are a feeling a bit backed up and you haven't had a proper dump in ages, then one day, you go and it all just comes out and you feel lighter, healthier, with renewed energy, no more gut pain, no more indigenstio? You need to moan audibly as it all passes out of your body, even the stink of it is glorious because you know it's all going out.

That's how I felt when I sold my three week old NAV VI for the same money I paid for it (20% discounted price from the dealer).

With a bit of fettling the TT was an easy fit. Having a TFT, the interaction with the whizzy wheel is largely redundant on a nav device anyway as I NEVER play with screens whilst I'm riding; my eyes are firmly on the road 98% of the time.

Freedom????

I'll give you my technical analysis on ownership of the NAV VI: You know when you are a feeling a bit backed up and you haven't had a proper dump in ages, then one day, you go and it all just comes out and you feel lighter, healthier, with renewed energy, no more gut pain, no more indigenstio? You need to moan audibly as it all passes out of your body, even the stink of it is glorious because you know it's all going out.

That's how I felt when I sold my three week old NAV VI for the same money I paid for it (20% discounted price from the dealer).

With a bit of fettling the TT was an easy fit. Having a TFT, the interaction with the whizzy wheel is largely redundant on a nav device anyway as I NEVER play with screens whilst I'm riding; my eyes are firmly on the road 98% of the time.

Don't dis the Nav VI, you'll upset the sheep :rob

Freedom????

I like the analogy

When Peter Mandelson was squeezed out of the cabinet, another caminate member said Peter Mandelson leaving the cabinet was similar to opening the lavatory window after someone had answered a call of nature.

I thought this summed up the situation perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom